Homelite ST-175 Repair

jakesmurray

Well-Known Member
Does anyone know the correct fuel mixture for this trimmer? I have googled it, but have come up with jut about every ratio possible: 16:1, 32:1, 40:1, and 50:1. Which one is it supposed to be? Also, I need to know what spark plug is supposed to be in it. I checked Homelite's website, and they do not have a manual listed for this model. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
 
Ok guys, the guy at my local small engine shop said to run 50:1 in the trimmer. I rebuilt the carb, replaced fuel lines, and threw some 50:1 in it and it runs great! If any of you guys can confirm this mix, please do.
Thanks
 
At the time that Homelite was making these trimmers, Homelite was running a 32:1 ratio in their trimmers and saws. As far as I know, Homelite never ran a 40:1, and only the newer items are 50:1. What most people don't know, is back when saws where 16:1 that was before the Use of 2 stroke oil as we know it. It was a mixture of 8 ounces of 30 W non-detergent motor oil, to a gallon of gas.
 
At the time that Homelite was making these trimmers, Homelite was running a 32:1 ratio in their trimmers and saws. As far as I know, Homelite never ran a 40:1, and only the newer items are 50:1. What most people don't know, is back when saws where 16:1 that was before the Use of 2 stroke oil as we know it. It was a mixture of 8 ounces of 30 W non-detergent motor oil, to a gallon of gas.

Well crap. I think I may try to get ahold of a manual for this thing
Thanks for the info
 
I have the ST-145 and the manual states 50:1. If yours is newer than is probably also 50:1

Ok, I am at a total tossup between 32:1 and 50:1.
My local repairman said 50:1, a guy on YouTube that also has a ST-175 said 32:1, you guys here are saying both 32 and 50, I am confused.
I found a manual online, but you must pay $10 to view it.
Does anyone happen to have a Homelite ST-175 manual laying around???
 
Ok, I am at a total tossup between 32:1 and 50:1.
My local repairman said 50:1, a guy on YouTube that also has a ST-175 said 32:1, you guys here are saying both 32 and 50, I am confused.
I found a manual online, but you must pay $10 to view it.
Does anyone happen to have a Homelite ST-175 manual laying around???

It is most definitely 32:1 gas mix as I have had mine as seen here for many years.

homelite175is32to1.jpg
 
Back
Top