P pecanguy Forum Newbie Jul 28, 2018 #1 I have a Tecumseh HM80 155715v with an electric starter. Does this engine have a built-in charging circuit? It doesn't have any extra wires for charging. I searched for an electrical diagram, but the one I found did not show a charging circuit.
I have a Tecumseh HM80 155715v with an electric starter. Does this engine have a built-in charging circuit? It doesn't have any extra wires for charging. I searched for an electrical diagram, but the one I found did not show a charging circuit.
Boobala Lawn Pro Jul 28, 2018 #2 Might find some help here..... starts at pg 42 http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/manual/tecumsehlheadmanual.pdf
Might find some help here..... starts at pg 42 http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/manual/tecumsehlheadmanual.pdf
B bertsmobile1 Lawn Royalty Jul 28, 2018 #3 According to this diagram https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/tecumseh/4-cycle-horizontal/hm-80/hm80-155715v/engine-parts-list-hm80rs3 this series of engines came with & without alternators. Easy way to tell is to pop off the flywheel. If there is a stator coil under there or mounting posts for a stator coil then alternators were fitted to some of them at least.
According to this diagram https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/tecumseh/4-cycle-horizontal/hm-80/hm80-155715v/engine-parts-list-hm80rs3 this series of engines came with & without alternators. Easy way to tell is to pop off the flywheel. If there is a stator coil under there or mounting posts for a stator coil then alternators were fitted to some of them at least.
J jp1961 Well-Known Member Aug 3, 2018 #4 Hello, Does the starter have any info on it? Only a 12 volt starter would have an alternator. Regards Jeff
Hello, Does the starter have any info on it? Only a 12 volt starter would have an alternator. Regards Jeff
R Rivets Lawn Royalty Aug 3, 2018 #5 Does your starter connected to a battery or have a 120V plug mounted on the top of the cylinder head?
Does your starter connected to a battery or have a 120V plug mounted on the top of the cylinder head?