High-low Adjustment screws aren't screws...

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I haven't just not seen them yet then. The Remington trimmers here has the 21 spline adjusters. The customer burned both them with few hours per the customer out of the box because they were so out of adjustment. But the pistons looks like they ran a lot longer. Anyway both are trash now.
View attachment 62518View attachment 62519
The only spline adjusters I see are the ones on Poulan/Husqvarna. The other MTD I see is the single D adjusters.

DougPunchak

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you so much all. I guess we gotta do the good ol' process of elimination as with any other engine problem. If it sheds any light on anything, this is the blower. I got it for my parents because of the auto-start. That feature works great by the way...
LawnMaster NPTBL31AB No-Pull Backpack Leaf Blower, Gas-Powered with Electric Start, 31cc 2-Cycle Engine, 470CFM, 175MPH
https://a.co/d/2n6KCd8
I got the warranty but wanted to try a few things before going that route.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I did a double D recently (I think it was a Black Max) but most of the handheld equipment coming here is Stihl so it is flat blade or hex but Stihl dealer warned me that the Octagon is on its way now so I him to order me the tool.

But every region will have a different set tools needed base on what is most commonly sold in that area.

Too bad I can't get carburetor kits for Stihl equipment anymore from Zama. Even the Stihl dealer I use can't get the Stihl version of the carburetor kits so I having to install new carburetors. I got a box of carburetors to strip down for the screws. What a shame I use to repair nearly every Zama they had on the equipment.

Last year when I found the Zama kits were becoming non-exist for the Stihls I brought the last 7 kits for the MS250 chainsaws my distributor had. Done use two of them this Fall. Save the customer nearly $80 of the new carburetor price tag per saw.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IF the parts list is true then they don't even sell a replacement carburetor or many of replacement parts. So it is considered a use it until broken then throw away blower and buy another one.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

DougPunchak

Forum Newbie
Threads
A carb adjustment was all that was needed! A little tweak to the high and low screws, using the specialty tool, and it's working perfectly!

Thanks all.

upupandaway

Threads
Does anyone know what tool I can use to adjust these?
On my personal stuff when I came across this, I used a dremel tool cutting disk and cut slots on the 2 mix screws. I don't want to buy the tool only to adjust it once...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
On my personal stuff when I came across this, I used a dremel tool cutting disk and cut slots on the 2 mix screws. I don't want to buy the tool only to adjust it once...
That is the difference DYIer hacker and a Professional shop tech. We use the tools a lot more than most think and we don't mind spending a few dollars for the right tools. Just wish there was single D that would fit the Kohler carbs; although, I made my own version. Maybe one that I just not found yet.

And I just paid $16 for an Octagon carburetor tool for a Stihl carburetor.

upupandaway

Threads
I buy parts when I am fixing for others, but if I didn't hack\cnc alternate\new parts, my old machines wouldn't be running as parts being NLA.

I actually get alot of oldies\goodies because the shops are firm with your attitude. A Western Auto tiller only needed a new 10" wheel which to the shop is NLA, as that was the only thing wrong with it. They left it out for trash, fresh gas, it started on 2 pulls. If I ran a shop, like my posts, I would offer the owner alternatives- in this one case u can get a wheel that fits at Home Depot or online for less.

Last edited: