Hi from Iowa.

rickpaulos

Threads
power tools in the shed:
Chicago generator (cheap 2 cycle harbor freight special)
Craftsman vintage chainsaw (not working and would be happy to sell) unable to start which is for the better. Looks like a beast.
Cub Cadet 1320 hydro
Cub Cadet track drive 2-stage snow blower. Snow is a 4 letter word #$%^!
Homelite weed wacker
Honda mini tiller
Honda lawn mower (pita)
Jonsered red northern european chainsaw - no safety brake! never started by me.
Mcullough Eager Beaver chain saw (not working) - piston siezed up.
Stihl ms210c chainsaw (royal pita)
Troy Bilt 4hp shredder, engine replaced with a 5 hp Techumseh after I wore the 4hp out.
Troy Bilt 8hp shredder - briggs IC - that extra hp really works better.
Wheeler lawn mower - fabulous Techumseh 5hp motor - always starts - lightweight for doing the ditch.
1969 Honda CB350. Okay but it's in the same shed.

Keeping them running is a bit of work but I'm not one to just run out and buy new. I'd rather take on the challenge of repairs myself.

Thanks for having this forum. I've already learned a few things from reading your posts.

Rick

Threads
WELCOME TO LMF!
You have a nice list of equipment! What Honda mower do you have that you don't like?
Also, if you could post some pics of all your equipment that would be great!

rickpaulos

Threads
Thanks,

From distant memory it's a HX. I traded my Black and Decker corded electric for it over 20 years ago. A female former coworker had a very small yard, couldn't deal with the gas, and I had just moved to a house with 2 acres so the electic was unneeded. I left the gas in the Honda one winter. I removed, cleaned and reinstalled the carb with a new gasket kit but it would only run with the choke full on so I must have botched it somewhere. Just haven't needed it so it sits way back in a shed. Hard to push when it did run. One nice thing about it is the safety clutch disengages the blade so when you pull the cord to start it, you are only pulling the motor, not the blade so it's very easy to pull. It's also very quiet when running. I only listed it as pita because of my botched carb cleaning. Too nice to toss but it does need a new home.

Post pictures where? Here in this intro forum under this thread? I must say I don't worry about keeping my power equipment waxed and polished like some. The dirt gets caked on, the spider webs collect, cats do what cats do in the sheds that destroys paint.

Threads
Thanks,

From distant memory it's a HX. I traded my Black and Decker corded electric for it over 20 years ago. A female former coworker had a very small yard, couldn't deal with the gas, and I had just moved to a house with 2 acres so the electic was unneeded. I left the gas in the Honda one winter. I removed, cleaned and reinstalled the carb with a new gasket kit but it would only run with the choke full on so I must have botched it somewhere. Just haven't needed it so it sits way back in a shed. Hard to push when it did run. One nice thing about it is the safety clutch disengages the blade so when you pull the cord to start it, you are only pulling the motor, not the blade so it's very easy to pull. It's also very quiet when running. I only listed it as pita because of my botched carb cleaning. Too nice to toss but it does need a new home.

Post pictures where? Here in this intro forum under this thread? I must say I don't worry about keeping my power equipment waxed and polished like some. The dirt gets caked on, the spider webs collect, cats do what cats do in the sheds that destroys paint.

I think you mean a Honda HRX mower, not a Honda HX....that is what I have. Yes, if you would like you could post pics in this thread. Again, welcome to LawnMowerForum! :smile: