HFT junk is getting even junkier...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Boy is HFT going downhill from poor quality to bad quality. I recently brought two 1/2" torque with plans of converting one to do left torque. Out of the box either had scales that line properly. On one you got a 6 in aligned and the other a 5. So basically you don't if even getting the right at a setting of zero on the 20 ft lbs. On top the one that as a back up is so far off it is not even funny. I was comparing it to my accurate 3/8" at 41 ft/lbs today. The 1/2 would not even click at a setting of 20 ft/lbs. So out the door it goes. I buying a digital adapter version that can do both left and right torques.

On top of that the ratchet wrenches I brought last year had chrome already flaking off. Air grease gun I brought three years has also failed.

Bye Bye HFT.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have moved away from some of my HFT stuff. Sockets, mower lift, torque wrench, and a few other and moved to Tekton tools. Decent quality at a decent price. I still like my HFT air powered oil extractor. Earthquake battery impact and a few other things.
I went to a "divorce" sale where hubby just walked out and court said his stuff was abandoned. Picked up 3 rifles and about 500 pounds or so of mostly craftsman tools. Sold about a third of the tools and have already made back more than i paid for the tools. Still have a 5 gallon bucket of sockets. My son is the big winner he got a bunch free tools.