here is a good one for all you husqvarna owners.

crgstvrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
a coworker at work recently last year bought a john deere x300. by all respects a great mower but here is where it gets funny. he cuts grass at his elderly fathers two rental properties which are somewhat hilly and his deere didn't apparently deal with the ditches and hills all that well. he asked me how I liked my yth22v46xls told him no problems pulled my hilly areas well, just watch sharp turns or inside wheel will chew into lawn. also told him of any advice he should take go to dealer not big box store. he called and had purchased yt42ls with a Kawasaki and says it cuts circles around his x300. just kinda makes ya smile when orange beats green especially when both are dealer only non box store levels.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
a coworker at work recently last year bought a john deere x300. by all respects a great mower but here is where it gets funny. he cuts grass at his elderly fathers two rental properties which are somewhat hilly and his deere didn't apparently deal with the ditches and hills all that well. he asked me how I liked my yth22v46xls told him no problems pulled my hilly areas well, just watch sharp turns or inside wheel will chew into lawn. also told him of any advice he should take go to dealer not big box store. he called and had purchased yt42ls with a Kawasaki and says it cuts circles around his x300. just kinda makes ya smile when orange beats green especially when both are dealer only non box store levels.

IMHO, the Husqvarna lawn tractors are the best bang-for-your-buck on the market right now(and also have some very nice ZTR's since they began implementing Dixon features into their M-ZT series). I'm not surprised that the YT42ls out-performed the Deere X300.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

It's a good thing nothing runs like a Deere.
It's just a name. Overpriced.

phcaan

Threads
Last year I was looking for a new mower and I seriously considered a Deer X300. After much research I decided on a Husqvarna and located a slightly used 2011 GTH27V52LS and although it does not have the locking rear end I wanted, I have been quite pleased with its performance. Between the rent house we have in town and the farm I mow several acres, much of it hilly and with ditches, it does a great job and I have yet to get it stuck where I couldn't back out.
Last fall I changed the transmission filter and replaced the fluid with synthetic along with an oil change and this spring it started right up and seems to be even faster than it was before. My house in town using my old Craftsman 42" 15HP mower took me about an hour and a half to complete, with the new Husqvarna I do the job in 28 minutes.

TnHusky

Threads
My Mom has a 130 Deere and all though it has been a good mower for 300 hrs it's no where near the mower mine is. Theres feels like it's completely worn out in the front end. Now my Mom did all the mowing a lot slower than I would so the mower hasn't been beat to death by any means. It's just my mower has more Tq from the engine and gets a better cut from the deck. It's a feel thing I guess. To be honest there's feels like a cheap mower compared to mine.

crgstvrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Mom has a 130 Deere and all though it has been a good mower for 300 hrs it's no where near the mower mine is. Theres feels like it's completely worn out in the front end. Now my Mom did all the mowing a lot slower than I would so the mower hasn't been beat to death by any means. It's just my mower has more Tq from the engine and gets a better cut from the deck. It's a feel thing I guess. To be honest there's feels like a cheap mower compared to mine.

You mentioned your moms Deere 130, but didn't say what mower model you had. In mind a Deere 130 is a residential model and not comparable to the x300 they are what they are, 300 hrs. on it is pretty good for a Deere 130. Really was just wanting the model you had that you preferred.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You mentioned your moms Deere 130, but didn't say what mower model you had. In mind a Deere 130 is a residential model and not comparable to the x300 they are what they are, 300 hrs. on it is pretty good for a Deere 130. Really was just wanting the model you had that you preferred.

300 hours is pretty good on a Deere 130 ?

Heck my cub cadet ltx1040 had over 1000 hours on when I sold it for $750.

Deere mowers are just cheap made junk

crgstvrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
300 hours is pretty good on a Deere 130 ?

Heck my cub cadet ltx1040 had over 1000 hours on when I sold it for $750.

Deere mowers are just cheap made junk

a lot and I mean a lot has to do with how people take care of their equipment. I know another person who says his Kubota zero turn was wonderful then all the sudden was garbage. well when its parked out in the weather for three years, no maintenance, rain. snow, heat of summer. just use it and park it any mower will turn to junk rather quickly. to truly get a good deere mower, which are still made , you have to go all the way to a x500 or x700 series. and at that price point you are in the 6500 to 11500 depending on engine range. I know I wouldn't pay that if I could afford that.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
a lot and I mean a lot has to do with how people take care of their equipment. I know another person who says his Kubota zero turn was wonderful then all the sudden was garbage. well when its parked out in the weather for three years, no maintenance, rain. snow, heat of summer. just use it and park it any mower will turn to junk rather quickly. to truly get a good deere mower, which are still made , you have to go all the way to a x500 or x700 series. and at that price point you are in the 6500 to 11500 depending on engine range. I know I wouldn't pay that if I could afford that.

I agree to get a Deere that is not junk you need to get over the 500 series.

ingigo

Threads
I have tried all colors, but I love my Huqvarna XLS.