Help with B&S Model Number for spare parts

Leaving the OP a bit behind here but Mc McCulloch parts would be a bit golden now days.
I am being force to go the Randys used parts to get McCulloch saw parts.
For some reason McCulloch owners seem be desperate to have their old saws fixed
I see this a lot more than other brands.
I now have 6 Shindawa pro level saws, 3 waiting for parts I took as contra payments for fixing various bottom end domestic saws
on the various chain saw forums I haunt people are always searching for McCulloch parts so if he logs onto any of them letting them know hw has pro parts he will become a God overnight.
 
I made a short vid today to help find the model numbers.. Hope this helps you out. I am way west of baton Rouge I am in the Heart of Cajun Country......

https://youtu.be/Mt5ZPlyKbV0

Hey Boo,

Thanks for the video. You were right - that's exactly where the number was. Had looked at that little piece several times but couldn't see the stamping due to general grime. Cleaned it and found this number (think I read it right):

123K02 0498 E1 05020 FB

From a quick search, looks like the 123K02 0498 E1 is the engine model and I can find spare parts on the B&S website. So far, mower is running ok, so hope I won't need any, but may end up doing an overhaul at some point.

Thanks again.
 
Back
Top