Help with 13wx78ks011 automatic transmission mower

Banjoel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone and thank you in advance,

I replaced the top drive belt, and the bottom drive belt is still in great shape. When I make a couple passes with the mower it will stop moving forward. The engine is running normally and the mower deck has power to it, but you press on the gas and it goes no where. If you turn it off and wait a couple minutes it will run just fine until the same thing happens. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joel

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
On MTD produces you have to replace both belts at the same time because they have to sync, and wear on the belts effects that. Also you have to use OEM belts because they are a unique length and width that standard off the shelf belts don't have.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Agree that MTD products needs only MTD belts installed because the unique belt design the MTD uses. But in this case I have used B38K belts in place those B x 41.25" belts. I even use up to 5/8 x 42 without problems but when it comes to the engine to variable it is only the MTD 9540467A. Usually although the belt looks good to the untrained eye there is a lot of wear. Auto Drive versions of the CV setup are more sensitive to belt length and slippage issues.

Also the idlers pulleys needs checking. I even replaced a few engine pulleys because of wear of the v groove.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Agree that MTD products needs only MTD belts installed because the unique belt design the MTD uses. But in this case I have used B38K belts in place those B x 41.25" belts. I even use up to 5/8 x 42 without problems but when it comes to the engine to variable it is only the MTD 9540467A. Usually although the belt looks good to the untrained eye there is a lot of wear. Auto Drive versions of the CV setup are more sensitive to belt length and slippage issues.

Also the idlers pulleys needs checking. I even replaced a few engine pulleys because of wear of the v groove.
Definitely have to check pulleys on those units if they have any age to them. The pulleys will get grooves worn into them that has the same effect as bottoming out