Export thread

HELP PLEASE

M

Mr Twister

I run through almost a case of Mooshead trying to figure this one out.

Mower does nothing when key is turned on to start. Without checking anything I put on a new start/selinoid. Stupid I know better....no change still dosen't do anything. I checked the following safety switches: both steering handles, hand brake, seat, pto (blade magnet works) both in line fuses & the on/off switch & battery. Everything checks out good.
With brake on, steering handles in correct position sitting on seat I have a closed circuit from the switch post S to motor wire harness plug.
I'd appreciate some tech help.
Terry

StarTech

StarTech

wouldn't hurt to post the mower model from the serial number tag. And I done gone my Go Go juice (Java) for the week and yet the crystal ball is still not working.

M

Mr Twister

wouldn't hurt to post the mower model from the serial number tag. And I done gone my Go Go juice (Java) for the week and yet the crystal ball is still not working.
Yes I forgot to do that. It's a Z-Force 50 Zero-Turn Cub Cadet with a Kohler CV23 motor. Purchased 2006.

B

bertsmobile1

So you start by going to the Cub Cadet web site & downloading the wiring diagram which I believe will either be as a stand alone file or in the parts book,
The "cub Cadets and More " web site has the better information.
Next you check the battery terminals for 12 V
Then you check the hot wire on the solenoid for 12 V to the battery - and then to the engine , readings should be the same
Make sure you put the small red wire on top of the solenoid on the HOT terminal not the switched terminal easy mistake we have all done it .
Follow that thin wire and locate the fuse check bot sides of the fuse hosing for power ( should always be hot)
The fuse holders are notorious for going bad, corroding or breaking wires at the crimp .
Let us know how you go .

StarTech

StarTech

1728224384088.png

C

callwill

Mooshead? Isnt that for cows?

maxdino

maxdino

I know it may sound a bit stupid but haven't you tried raising this issue with chatgpt? many times he usually gives very accurate help

M

Mr Twister

I know it may sound a bit stupid but haven't you tried raising this issue with chatgpt? many times he usually gives very accurate help
I'm new at posting but I do follow. Thanks for the info so far. I purchased this mower new and have all the info.

B

bertsmobile1

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

M

Mr Twister

I pick up a couple more cases of beer so l'm in for the long haul.
Yep i checked and I have power!