Help Needed - Zero Turn Radius

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No seat switch is only active when the park brake is off. You can start the mower with the park brake set and not be on the seat. On most mowers
Time cutters have seat switches that go through the brake module & the switch needs to be closed to crank the engine
And yes the parking brake is activated by the lap bars being fully out, A PIA when servicing because of the timer .

KM Richards

Threads
Thanks for the video! I downloaded that and put it in my mower info folder.

KM Richards

Threads
the switch needs to be closed to crank the engine

The engine cranks just fine.
The issue is when I bring the levers in to start using the mower, that's when the engine die.

I'll start by putting a jumper wire in the switch under the seat and see what happens

And, I'll check the ground wire along with other wiring to see if anything is out of place.

KM Richards

Threads
I put a jumper wire in the switch connector under the seat that did not help.
And, all the wiring seems to be connected well with nothing appearing to be out of place

The video posted is for 2011 teat model and I bought mine in June of 2020, so I'm wondering if their setup has changed

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It may be time to take it to a reputable repair shop. I could probably diagnose the problem if I could put my hands on your mower. You need to determine if the brake control module is functioning properly. The brake control module works in tandem with the seat safety switch. If this mower is still under warranty, take it to a Toro servicing dealer.

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you read the operators manual thoroughly? There is a section in there called “Testing The Safety Interlock System.”

KM Richards

Threads
Yes, the brake control module seems to be functioning properly

I'll look thru the ,manual to find the test section and see what that says

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well the module is not working properly
The ONLY reasons why the engine stops when you pull in the levers is the module sees the brake still being on or the operator not being in the seat
So you can get under & manually work the brake as occasionally you do get a build up that stops it fully retracting
Other than that the module is deceased .

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well the module is not working properly
The ONLY reasons why the engine stops when you pull in the levers is the module sees the brake still being on or the operator not being in the seat
So you can get under & manually work the brake as occasionally you do get a build up that stops it fully retracting
Other than that the module is deceased .
That’s my thinking too. The module is sensing that there is no one in the seat.