Help Needed - Zero Turn Radius

KM Richards

Threads
The seat switch is there to keep you safe and will open if you come off the seat! Jumping out the switch is bad idea as I have seen many safties jumped out and leave the jumper remains in place as long as the mower will run so they leave the jumper installed. The multimeter is the best way to test the set switch, set to the ohms position. With the probes leads touching the pins in the plug push in firmley on the middle of the seat, many meters have a tone setting in the ohms position that will buzz when the switch has pressure applyed you apply pressure to the seat, indiacating the switch is closed. Once you remove pressure from the seat the meter will stop buzzing indiacate an open circuit.
It does not make any difference which way the red or black probe is eather side of the plug.

So, I need to somehow put the PINs of the multimeter into the connector of the switch under the seat while the plugin is still inserted in the switch?

Sounds kinda hard to do ans then sit on the seat to test, but I can see how that would show when the circuit is open or closed.