Help me Identify!

Caretaker2020

Forum Newbie
Good Afternoon everyone. First post on this site. Just had a lawnmower given to me. Can anyone help me figure out exactly what model this is? I’ve googled everything I can think of and still haven’t found any information on it or even another picture of it. Attached is a picture of the data plate on the mower itself. D9A13631-82F2-4578-9232-03CA40D547B3.jpeg980D7E49-2238-4160-A640-B9E41AE0D5EE.jpg2B0B6807-B01D-4FF3-8303-53E537943439.jpg
 
The key is to find who had a factory in Lawrenceberg
And that was Murray
Then if you searched "Brands made by Murray, you will find Wizard ( brand name of Western Auto )
From the engine serial number ( assuming it is original ) you can get the engine date and the mower that will be that year or the following year.
There is a dedicated Murray owners forum , forgot the URL and they will be able to identify the exact model and if you are lucky they will have part ,owners & service manuals on line.
 
Please post the engine numbers. Like you I’m having trouble locating info on the units built for Western Auto by Murray, or other possible manufactureres. I agree with Bert that being assembled in Laweranceburg makes me lean toward Murray, but I’ve run across five different manufacturers who built Wizards for Western Auto.
 
Murray had their store codes on the last part of the model numbers. X12 was k-mart, and x92 was walmart,
if my memory is correct. One had to have the old microfiche to look up those older 4-5 digit models.
 
Back
Top