Help identifying a part please

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
You have someone who likes to play tricks on you? The rusty pulley looks like a horizontal power pulley on something. The other pulley is likely the one that ended up on top of the deck when the shaft nylock nut came loose. There are other parts likely still missing.

Lyd

Threads
Thank you, Bertsmobile! I am taking your post and running with it! No, no kids. A person has to be an adult to have kids and I have no desire to ever grow up.

The only other piece of machinery running amok over there was a JD Gator. Oh boy..... I better go look at her! That mower originally came with a big, huge elaborate bagging system. Are those baggers powered by something or is it just it's own wind power that makes them work?

As I am thinking, I was mowing a slim strip next to a hayfield when this happened. I just might have found this mystery piece there and it could have been sitting there for years!! Oh thank you. I feel so much better now and I will order the known parts tomorrow! I am still curious about the bagger....

Last edited:

Lyd

Threads
Hi Sg....the only part missing is the upper bearing for the spindle. I assume it exploded and caused this mess. The nut was lying nicely alongside the shaft.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi Sg....the only part missing is the upper bearing for the spindle. I assume it exploded and caused this mess. The nut was lying nicely alongside the shaft.
Yep, they fall apart all the time and most don't notice it till the blade is cutting at a slop or chopping a slot in the deck.
Washing the deck promotes this happening .
And yes could very well have fallen off something next door & been sitting there just waiting to send you mad .
Some baggers have additional blowers and these are generally powered buy using a double pulley of some sort on the discharge side spindle .

Lyd

Threads
Thanks again, Berts...Good to know. I have not washed that deck since 2012! A good dusting and a scrape out twice a month was all it needed. Now I have a new hobby, finding what piece of equipment is missing that part! I used to cut the hayfield with a brush hog, but that was 2 years ago and I am sure that thing did not fall off of one of the horses before that. Thanks to all who contributed to this resolve. You folks are pure gold!

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
these are $12 at HF. 17". They make longer ones too. Easy to rig something up behind the mower too, to pick up any other pieces in that are which might be hiding. Including the blade there are six or seven parts that go on that shaft, spacers and things like that. Be sure you have them all.

30 washer bolt assembly that holds blade on
29 Blade
52 Shaft
42 Ball Bearing that sits inside bearing housing can be bought with Mandrel housing #2
3 Spacer washer
4 Mandrel Pulley
5 Nylock nut

Attachments

• magnet.jpg
    magnet.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1