*Help* Engine Locked Up After High Rev

Threads
Interesting!. Did the valve just lose the keeper or did the end of the valve break at the keeper groove? I would use the other valve to check and make sure the valve guide isn't fubar'd. I would clean and inspect the piston for cracks. I would replace the valve and rod and FIX THE GOVENOR.

Yeah, the valve broke at the keeper groove. The valve guide looks ok and so does the piston. Will be doing more inspecting this weekend. Did you mean to replace the governor when you said to "fix it?" Also, where do all you guys get your parts for things like this? Some of them have been outdated, replaced by others, etc. and I've found a couple of shops that are pretty proud of their products.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, the valve broke at the keeper groove. The valve guide looks ok and so does the piston. Will be doing more inspecting this weekend. Did you mean to replace the governor when you said to "fix it?" Also, where do all you guys get your parts for things like this? Some of them have been outdated, replaced by others, etc. and I've found a couple of shops that are pretty proud of their products.

If the weights on the govenor gear are ok then the governor needs to be adjusted and the theottle linkage checked. If the govenor is working properly the engine won't over rev.

Threads
Found where the valve rod slammed into the head and left a nice impression on the underside. Do you guys think the head needs to be replaced?

Attachments

• 88FF2AC7-4E13-4435-806B-56109D033DC1.jpeg
    88FF2AC7-4E13-4435-806B-56109D033DC1.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 5