Help, dead dixon ram ultra

deaddixon

Forum Newbie
Threads
You know, this is the jackass response everyone can deal with out. There was no huge pile of grass crammed in my motor. No, I did not blow my fricking mower. I washed the dam thing before I mowed, just changed oil it was almost as clean as new other then a small amount of normal trimmings sucked in. As said digging further it apears as if the clutch may have caused the issue with spark or current going through the shaft and destroying the bearing. Please don't post on my thread again with stupid slamming comments. Mods should ban guys like you. I got off the phone with warner clutch and it has happened. Unfortunatly a simple clutch can destroy your motor. They should find a better way of grounding them is what should happen. Next mower will be back to old fassion with no elc pto.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
First off you said when you shut the mower off the grass was smoking and has done it before. If the grass in the fins was smoking then the engine could not breathe and got to hot.

You can get mad all you want but there should never be that much grass in the fins that it burns.

Call them back and ask them why the clutch went bad and shorted out into the shaft. Never mind I will tell you it got to hot to many times.

If the clutch was known to do this because it was poorly made then they would have recalled them.

deaddixon

Forum Newbie
Threads
It wasn't the grass. I said thats what I thought. It was the seal melting from the arch. Go away. Sorry I joined here if there is people like you on here. I talked to several dealers who saw this problem as well on cubs etc. Its not an engine thing, but an engine killer. It does it at very low hrs. Rare, sure, but if your one of the ones it happens to your screwed. Unless your under your warranty. They admitted it has happened to me, so I know it is out there. I know one shop I talked to had like 10 he saw. Yes you would think they would do something. But they dont. Aparantly some of the windings in the clutch get bare spots, no covering, and cause the ground fault. I asked is there not a way to stop this? He said you could do a extra ground strap from the case somewhere to the frame. A simple 8" wire for 10 cents could save these motors possibly, so why do they not require it. Maybe so they can stick you for some doe in a few years? I found this out from other forums. So next time you decide to be the internet tough guy, think first. It was the seal burning hot not grass as I had thought. For me grass was the obvious culprit for the smoking. I was wrong. That said anyone else that uses a elec pto, I would consider adding an extra ground. So it will take that path instead of the crank shaft when it goes.