Hello, world!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Greetings!

Hope this site is what I've been looking for. Been to other places, but they don't quite fit me. I have always enjoyed the bulletin-board style forums (vs. newsgroups), and look forward to both helping out when I can, and also getting help when I need it!

I own more mowers than I probably should, but here goes: JD R72, JDRX75, old dynamark-style craftsman (I do believe this model was the first time sears used the 'craftsman' designation), a murray-built agway, and a 1967 Simplicity Broadmoor. That's just the riders!

Once again, I hope to have fun here!

-Todd

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi, Kenny!

Collecting is the easy part........restoring and STORING are the problems!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Collecting is the easy part........restoring and STORING are the problems!

Ha ha that's true ... but it gives you something to do with all the spare time you will have... (SOME DAY)!
and gives you interesting things to FILL your out buildings with... :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
True, but.....

Not to sound stereotypical, but I actually live in a trailer park! LOL Not much room - and if I did put up a shed.......I see a workshop! :laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
True, but.....

Not to sound stereotypical, but I actually live in a trailer park! LOL Not much room - and if I did put up a shed.......I see a workshop! :laughing:

Most people who live in MANUFACTURED HOUSING ESTATES :laughing::laughing: consider the term trailer park to be a swear word....

We won't hold it against you if you call a spade a spade, however...rather than a "foot operated earth cultivating implement"....

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now thats funny!

Anyhow, here's my first question:

On my agway (murray), The variable drive seems to use a wide primary drive belt, and a standard issue final drive belt. The previous abuser....errr....i mean owner had put 2 regular belts on it and they slipped like crazy. He probably did that because it seems that these wide belts are as hard to find as hen's teeth.

Where can i get one that will even remotely fit it? The wide belts my RX75 uses appear to be the right width, but wrong length!

Also, can we put pics in our threads?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Where can i get one that will even remotely fit it? T

Also, can we put pics in our threads?

There are great variable pitch belt suppliers on line...
When you reply to a post you will see a Manage Attachments box if you scroll down a bit... Click it and you will have an opportunity to brows your pictures and upload... :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Heres my second question:

Approx. what year do you think this mower is from?

Attachments

• DSCF0610.jpg
    DSCF0610.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 7

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey twall -- welcome to the forum.

You wouldn't be some kind of a programmer, would you? The clue was the "Hello, world" title (a common first program when learning a new language -- for the non-geeks.)