Headaches

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Usually in my workshop I work on tractors, pro machines, basically the big stuff from Petrol to Diesel
stripping engines and fuel systems etc.
Past few weeks i have been doing various 2 stroke as mechanics on hols etc.
I have been experiencing headaches and vision loss from when working on 2 stroke fuel systems.
Has anybody else had this??
I can work on 4 stroke and never get a thing but 2 stroke and i get it.
Its not always but more noticable as its only happened on 2 strokes.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have had this happen when we don't remember to turn on the vent fans. More than one of us in the shop experience it. Mainly in winter when it is to cold to leave the doors open. We assume that it is early signs of CO poisoning. Tough to draw the heat outside, but that is what we have to do.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Its wierd as i work in the same part of the workshop with a big roller door next to me and also been working on it for years and never happen to me.
I thought it would be a co type poison as all the engine manufacturer courses go on about it but after 20 odd years never experienced it.
Heads still thumping now and its 11 at night.

DaveTN

Threads
Perhaps the 2 cycle engine is putting out more NOX gas? Or a different concentration of CO fume?
I've only had CO poisoning one time and made me nauseous and splitting headache all day, even after I had fresh air later. That was from a malfunctioning propane room heater in a motel out in Oklahoma years ago when I stopped overnight in a mom and pop motel. They say it doesn't take much to affect people w/ CO poisoning since the body absorbs 300% of it more than Oxygen! Best be careful around it.