Repairs GXV140 engine on HR215HXA.. carb question

roadster675

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have an HR215HXA with GXV140 engine with carb problems, removed it to clean and rebuild. But had to bend the crap out of the choke and Governor rods to remove them. Is there a trick to get them off and on easy?

crosstalk

Threads
Sometimes you need to loosen the control plate a bit so you can connect the rods to the carb without bending as you slide the carb into place.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have an HR215HXA with GXV140 engine with carb problems, removed it to clean and rebuild. But had to bend the crap out of the choke and Governor rods to remove them. Is there a trick to get them off and on easy?

You usually have to remove the carb bolts first so you can twist the carb instead of the rod

roadster675

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, that did it. Originally just took the nuts off and slid the carb off the studs(after making pretzels of the rods) Much easier when I removed the studs too. BTW the cleaning was a success, runs again.

Threads
Thanks, that did it. Originally just took the nuts off and slid the carb off the studs(after making pretzels of the rods) Much easier when I removed the studs too. BTW the cleaning was a success, runs again.

I'm glad you figured it out! :thumbsup: