GT201 Solution post

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some of you guru's, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I'm getting some of last years left overs ready to sell this spring, and ran across this trimmer someone gave me last year. The carb was junk, so I tossed it into the "rebuild later bin" and put a new Amazon carb on it. The carb came with all the extra's. Fuel line, filter, vent, air filter and plug. Plus a couple extra primer bulbs.
Anywho, it fires right up and runs pretty good. Except the fuel us coming up and out the vent tube. Plus there was so much pressure, that it squeezed out between the fuel lines and grommet.

Long story short, I pulled the vent tube through the grommet, until it was almost there was only about 1/2" sticking out (inside) the grommet.

That seemed to solve the problem.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Some of you guru's, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I'm getting some of last years left overs ready to sell this spring, and ran across this trimmer someone gave me last year. The carb was junk, so I tossed it into the "rebuild later bin" and put a new Amazon carb on it. The carb came with all the extra's. Fuel line, filter, vent, air filter and plug. Plus a couple extra primer bulbs.
Anywho, it fires right up and runs pretty good. Except the fuel us coming up and out the vent tube. Plus there was so much pressure, that it squeezed out between the fuel lines and grommet.

Long story short, I pulled the vent tube through the grommet, until it was almost there was only about 1/2" sticking out (inside) the grommet.

That seemed to solve the problem.
You're doing just fine. Read & re-read & study. Maybe consider taking a class at a local Tech School & become certified in the future.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On the pressureised delivery systems, the tank needs to hold pressure for at least a short period of time.
Thus everything needs to be pressure tight.
This is done a variety of ways some have a one way valve in the cap, some have 2 valves in the cap some have a vent in the tank and some have a vent in the tank and one in the cap.
Over time the grommet and the fuel lines get hard and shrink a little so loose their ability to seal tight.
Never ever use the fuel line supplied with those replacement kits as you have no idea what they are made of.
many are made with cheap gelatein based plastic & will crumble in a short time after being exposed to fuel.
Use only quality branded fuel lines every time .
Quality fuel line like Tygon costs less than a dollar per tool which is nothing comparred to the damage to your reputation if the trimer's tubes fall apart at the customers house.
On trimers & blowers where the fuel line is easy to get at they get changed as a matter of course
On chainsaws where it take better than an hour to get at them they get tested and replaced only when necessary as it add $ 30 to $ 60 to the repair.
Nothing odd to charge $ 150 to a customer with one of those junk ebay only brands to replace all of the fuel lines & filter because they have rotted away .
As for the spark plugs , same story strait into the bin.
Nothing leaves to workshop with anything other than a NGK , Champion or Bosch in it.
The customer sees the spark plug , recognises it as being the cheapest possible brand then will doubt the quality of everything you have fitted and your work as well.
Once you start obviously fitting cheap Ammo-zone / Evilpay parts you are then setting yourself up to compete with them on price & the customers will not accept paying for brand name parts and expect to get repairs done for way less than the replacement price .
I just charged a customer $ 210 to fix a Sanli Trimmer that cost him $ 150 new off evilpay