GREENWORKS 60 V Lawn mower

TiredRetired

Threads
I consider my battery lawnmower just another in my collection of battery operated tools of which I probably now have too many given that I am retired. I think one needs to educate themselves on lithium batteries in general to understand proper handling and storage of them. I try to never charge them until they have cooled down from usage and also try to never fully discharge them more than 75%, This is not always feasible, but most of the time it does work for me and I have had great luck with battery longevity over the years. Not good practice to leave the in the chargers after fully charged.

I would encourage many to research LifePO4. batteries. They share some similarities with other Lithium-Ion batteries but use use Lithium Iron Phosphate as the cathode material and have a longer life cycle and much safer than Lithium-Ion Polymer.

There is a YT video of a fellow talking about his Ryobi 40V mower quitting after a year or so. Seems he hosed it off and water went into the battery compartment, through the drain holes and worked into the motor controller. Well, there you go. The days of me hosing off the underside of the mower deck on my old LB are over. OP suggested not mowing wet grass with these mowers. Not great practice anyway even with a gas mower if one is fussy about the quality of their mowing job.

I would surmise commercial quality mowers like the new $1200 Ego aluminum deck will be more sealed from water but who wants to spend that kind of money on a walk behind. I sure as hell do not.

Charlie8d

Threads
I started this thread as a review of my satisfaction with my battery powered mower . I did not criticize anyone who still used gas mowers & did not try to sway anyone to give up their gas mower & buy a battery powered one. I did not start this thread for it to turn into such childish behavior , either. Some of you are sounding like the old " Ford vs. Chevy " debate, or " my Daddy can beat up your Daddy !"
I will keep using my battery mower & I respect anyone who keeps using their gas mower.
If a moderator wishes to block this thread, or delete it, you may go ahead.

TonyPrin

Threads
I started this thread as a review of my satisfaction with my battery powered mower . I did not criticize anyone who still used gas mowers & did not try to sway anyone to give up their gas mower & buy a battery powered one. I did not start this thread for it to turn into such childish behavior , either. Some of you are sounding like the old " Ford vs. Chevy " debate, or " my Daddy can beat up your Daddy !"
I will keep using my battery mower & I respect anyone who keeps using their gas mower.
If a moderator wishes to block this thread, or delete it, you may go ahead.
So, you're criticizing some for being critical of others. But I shouldn't complain. After all, I'm critical of you for criticizing some for being critical of others. Hopefully, no one will be critical of me for being critical of you for criticizing some for being critical of others.

RayMcD

Threads
So, you're criticizing some for being critical of others. But I shouldn't complain. After all, I'm critical of you for criticizing some for being critical of others. Hopefully, no one will be critical of me for being critical of you for criticizing some for being critical of others.
WoW, who wants a push mower that might get wet? Is there any amoung us that hasn't used the hose to clean off a push mower after it became clogged with grass.. Go Figure..

Got to share this one, while taken the stairs out of my pool, I asked my daugher to assist. The moment she engaged my Ryobi battery drill(with a socket) to the nut, it flipped out of her hands right into the pool (which is salt water). Well I simply recovered it, separated the battery, rinsed well with fresh water, blew it all as dry a possible with the air compressor and layed it in the sun for a few hours. That was several years ago and both the battery and drill still work fine.

What I don't like most about all this battery stuff is stuff being rushed to production with out adaquate real world testing and we all end up with expensive products that don't last very long... Cheers, Ray

Let's all be friends, life is way to short...help where you can and growl about the rest..... Go Trump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie8d

Threads
I only criticized those who acted like children.