greens mower

ameyer

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have an older john deer r22 greens mower that has a bad carb. I cannot find any numbers on the carb. Am hoping someone here may know where i can get the info for a new one or happen to know what it needs.
thx
al

JoeM(GA)

Threads
As you're hunting for parts for this, it was a model 22R, Kawasaki used three carbs through the years, their ID numbers were 12497, 12702, & 32113
all carbs used were superseded to Deere part # AET10909 (32113) usually the number was on an outer edge of one of the mounting flanges, but I have seen them on the webbing running between the flanges also. Your biggest issue is all the choices are obsolete, but if you look it up at JD parts. com, some pieces are still available. Just depends on what you need. This mower was introduced as Deere was just beginning to get into golf course equipment in the late 80's - early 90's you might find a golf course equipment salvage place that has one, but I'd guess you'd end up with one as bad as yours

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now Joe has said that every option is obsolete I will say a carb is a card is a carb is a carb is a carb.
They are not magic items uniquely coupled to a particular engine.
Any carb can be made to fit and any carb can be made to work.
Starting with one from a similar sized engine makes things easier and one with the controls in the same plane ( top or side ) makes it easier still
After that it is just a matter of bending wires to link the carb to the engine controls
Car owners do it all the time as do motorcyclist and I have done on more than one occasion
All that is sort of important is the throat size.
While not vitally important it will work a lot better if it is the same as the manifold hole .
All depends what you want to do with the mower.