Great ethanol warning

Smithsonite

Threads
Sometimes you get lucky. Depends on how the carb vents some are better (or worse) than others.

My brother had a '93 Suzuki DR350 that was converted to a dual sport - if you forgot to turn the petcock off as you were close to the house to run the bowl down, that thing would clog right up in 5-7 days flat! It was at my shop for a while working through some electrical bugs when I did this a couple times. MAN did that piss me off! Already had hours into the charging system and turn signals, now I have to yank the carb and clean that ... 3x!! If you shut the fuel off and drained the bowl, it would start FIRST KICK the next ride. Unbelievable, lol.

need-for-speed

Threads
Sometimes you get lucky. Depends on how the carb vents some are better (or worse) than others.

My brother had a '93 Suzuki DR350 that was converted to a dual sport - if you forgot to turn the petcock off as you were close to the house to run the bowl down, that thing would clog right up in 5-7 days flat! It was at my shop for a while working through some electrical bugs when I did this a couple times. MAN did that piss me off! Already had hours into the charging system and turn signals, now I have to yank the carb and clean that ... 3x!! If you shut the fuel off and drained the bowl, it would start FIRST KICK the next ride. Unbelievable, lol.
I run the carb dry on my 15 y.o. Honda powered Black Max generator. I run it once a quarter (that prolly helps). It usually starts on first pull. Third pull never needed. I know some have added a (tiny little lol) cut off valve on their weed eater or blower for that reason.

need-for-speed

Threads
Be sure to aks the right questions when buying Ethanol Free free fuel at a marina. . Around here I found out that several Marinas on Lake Conroe had Ethanol in the fuel, but they just added a shit ton of additives for that.

Our local QT also sells 90 octane E free.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I test my 100% every so often.. Very simple to do. E-10 in gas.jpg

Smithsonite

Threads
Yeah, I've found gas stations around MA are widely varying in alcohol content. Near or in the cities they're closer to 10%, while the ones around me are 6-7%. Explains the poor mileage whenever I fueled up in the city.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I run 100% gas 87 octane in my truck & it does very well on mileage.

sidemouse

Threads
So what should I do, and if everyone insists on getting pure gasoline then what happens?
Exactly.

mcspeed

Threads
I have a 30 year old two stroke chain saw that I never drain the fuel in. It may go unused for several years. Never had a fuel issue and always starts right up. Does the oil in the fuel help alleviate the ethanol issues? I don’t have easy access to ethanol free fuel but have been lucky I guess.