Gravely ZT HD52 Won't Start

KMART

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need help.
My Gravely was turning over slow towards the end of the summer when I was cranking it. Now it won't turn over at all. I just replaced the battery with no luck. I thought maybe the new battery was no good so I charged it & still it won't crank. I get one click when I turn the key.
I have read some posts referencing the Starter or Solenoid. Should I check these?
I understand I am not supposed to jump start the mower with my Truck. So what do I use to try to jump start it?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
First I would jump start with your truck if still no cranking then take a screwdriver or wrench or a jumper wire and jump the two big post on the solenoid if it turns over replace the solenoid if does not turn over remove spark plugs and try again. Report back to us and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

KMART

Forum Newbie
Threads
First I would jump start with your truck if still no cranking then take a screwdriver or wrench or a jumper wire and jump the two big post on the solenoid if it turns over replace the solenoid if does not turn over remove spark plugs and try again. Report back to us and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

ok, It wouldn't jump off so I took a screw driver & put it on the solenoid to the starter & it cranked right up. So, I guess i will be replacing the solenoid.

Thanks for the help.

ghessler26

Threads
Being a Gravely dealer I know there was a fix as fail warranty for the Kawasaki starter motors. I would definitely take the mower to the dealer where you bought it & he should know what to do.