Gravely ZT HD 52 or Pro Turn 52

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Djdicetn do you have this copied in clipboard because I've seen it verbatim on other Gravely buyers...if from memory that's impressive lol

I've posted a similar "welcome" at least 25 times over the last couple of years....so it just comes naturally:0)
Maybe I should challenge one of the admins to research ALL threads where a user says "I just bought a __________" ZTR and post a sticky with some statistics of which brand has "grown the most" over the last year. I'm betting that Gravely, Hustler and Ferris would be in the top 5!!!!

D

DSepe

I've posted a similar "welcome" at least 25 times over the last couple of years....so it just comes naturally:0) Maybe I should challenge one of the admins to research ALL threads where a user says "I just bought a __________" ZTR and post a sticky with some statistics of which brand has "grown the most" over the last year. I'm betting that Gravely, Hustler and Ferris would be in the top 5!!!!
Gravely for sure! I've noticed a ton of new gravely buyers. They have been winning a lot of people over. As you said the hustler, especially the Raptor and Fasttrak have had a lot of success lately. My final brand decision was Bob-cat, Hustler, Gravely...but then the Ferris dealer came in with an offer I couldn't refuse. Also the Gravely dealer was rude and uninformed about the quality product he was selling.

Gary L.

Threads
I have only mowed one time with it, but I am really impressed with my Gravely so far. I don't ever remember hoping for the grass to grow faster just so I can mow it!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gravely for sure! I've noticed a ton of new gravely buyers. They have been winning a lot of people over. As you said the hustler, especially the Raptor and Fasttrak have had a lot of success lately. My final brand decision was Bob-cat, Hustler, Gravely...but then the Ferris dealer came in with an offer I couldn't refuse. Also the Gravely dealer was rude and uninformed about the quality product he was selling.

I hear ya...I love my Gravely, but I would have recommended that you buy the Ferris because the Gravely dealer was an ahole. As much as we pay for these machines we don't want to have to tolerate a dealer like that for 3 years/1,000 Hours:0)

limerock

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm loving mine so far. I've only got 5 hrs on it. How often do you sharpen your blades? Are there any aftermarket blades that are better than the standard equipment?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm loving mine so far. I've only got 5 hrs on it. How often do you sharpen your blades? Are there any aftermarket blades that are better than the standard equipment?

It is recommended that you sharpen & balance the blades every 25 hours and that's the schedule I've followed. A lot of ZTR owners talk about how good Gator blades are, but so far I've only used the Gravely OEM blades that came on mine and the Gravely OEM mulch blades that came with the mulch kit. I may look at Gator blades when my mulch blades are worn out bit that'll probably be several years down the road. If I were looking for replacement blades I'd probably try to find some that had the same width and weight as the Gravely OEM blades, in addition to the length, as I understand different weight/dimension blades cut differently. I'm very happy with the cut of the OEM blades.