Gravely ZT HD 52 or Pro Turn 52

limerock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I'm a home owner who cuts about 5 acres. I'm looking to buy either the ZT HD 52" or the Pro Turn 52"? The price is only about $700 difference at my local dealer. I know there are a few differences, but is the upgrade worth the additional price? Would the pro turn outlast the HD model? Thanks

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi,
I'm a home owner who cuts about 5 acres. I'm looking to buy either the ZT HD 52" or the Pro Turn 52"? The price is only about $700 difference at my local dealer. I know there are a few differences, but is the upgrade worth the additional price? Would the pro turn outlast the HD model? Thanks

Yes and yes!!! For what you are mowing you really need the upgrade to the Pro-Turn which has more commercial features than the ZT HD. Very well worth the extra $700!!

D

DSepe

Pro-turn for sure! That's a lotta lawn to mow!

acacia987

Threads
wow. that does sound like a good deal.
better engine FS over the FR
bigger tires
suspension seat
better hydros
ROPS

im looking at the same models but with the 60 " deck, my dealer wants 1400 for that upgrade.For my 2 fairly flat acres i cant justify it though.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
wow. that does sound like a good deal.
better engine FS over the FR
bigger tires
suspension seat
better hydros
ROPS

im looking at the same models but with the 60 " deck, my dealer wants 1400 for that upgrade.For my 2 fairly flat acres i cant justify it though.
That's about the same amount of mowing I do with my 52". You would find the Pro-Turn 52 to meet your needs easily.

acacia987

Threads
That's about the same amount of mowing I do with my 52". You would find the Pro-Turn 52 to meet your needs easily.

Most likely I'm going with the zthd60. The Pro-Turn seems like overkill for my situation.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most likely I'm going with the zthd60. The Pro-Turn seems like overkill for my situation.

Yep, the ZT HD will meet your needs and anything beyond that would be a little overkill. I know the price difference between the 52" ZT HD and 60" ZT HD is only $100, but it may be worth it just for the upgrade from the 691 to the 730 Kawa. Otherwise, the 52" would cut your yard(2 acres) in around 45 minutes to 1 hour max.

limerock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep, the ZT HD will meet your needs and anything beyond that would be a little overkill. I know the price difference between the 52" ZT HD and 60" ZT HD is only $100, but it may be worth it just for the upgrade from the 691 to the 730 Kawa. Otherwise, the 52" would cut your yard(2 acres) in around 45 minutes to 1 hour max.

Thanks for the input. I went for the pro turn 52. The 60 inch would not fit on my trailer. So far I love it. It has cut my mowing time in half from my old tractor mower. It also handles the slopes I mow much better.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the input. I went for the pro turn 52. The 60 inch would not fit on my trailer. So far I love it. It has cut my mowing time in half from my old tractor mower. It also handles the slopes I mow much better.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the growing Gravely family on the forum!!! You're gonna love your Gravely(when you are ready to add some good accessories I can HIGHLY recommend the Gravely mulch kit). Post some pictures when you have a chance(we wanna see it:0)

D

DSepe

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the growing Gravely family on the forum!!! You're gonna love your Gravely(when you are ready to add some good accessories I can HIGHLY recommend the Gravely mulch kit). Post some pictures when you have a chance(we wanna see it:0)
Djdicetn do you have this copied in clipboard because I've seen it verbatim on other Gravely buyers...if from memory that's impressive lol