Gravely pro turn 52 or 152 or husqvarna mzt 52

1982ace

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am cutting 2 acres at just my place of flat ground.
Can get 52 for $5500, 152 for $6600, and the husky for $5500
Is the suspension seat, heavier tranny, and engine with canister filter worth extra $1100. Both gravelys have kawasaki engine.
Husky has 28 hp Briggs commercial turf engine and 3400 hydro gear same as 152.
Like the pro turn 52 for the price, but the kawasaki fs691v is in question. Has just flat filter instead of canister filter

Any input would be much appeciative. Thanks

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am cutting 2 acres at just my place of flat ground.
Can get 52 for $5500, 152 for $6600, and the husky for $5500
Is the suspension seat, heavier tranny, and engine with canister filter worth extra $1100. Both gravelys have kawasaki engine.
Husky has 28 hp Briggs commercial turf engine and 3400 hydro gear same as 152.
Like the pro turn 52 for the price, but the kawasaki fs691v is in question. Has just flat filter instead of canister filter

Any input would be much appeciative. Thanks

WOW.....I don't know where you found that Gravely Pro Turn 152(that is the 100XDZ model 52" with the Kawasaki FX691...right???) for $6,600 but that is what I paid for my 2012 model 152 last September and that was $1,000 off the MSRP(plus taxes). If you can get that fully Commercial Gravely for that and it is new(or low hours) you had better jump on that deal cause you'll never regret it!!! The Huskie MZ ZT 52 would be a very good mower for your money, but it's features just won't match the Gravely Pro Turn 100 XDZ Commercial mower. I'm like you, about 2 acres homeowner use. That Pro Turn 152 would outlive you, your kids and maybe even your grandkids. Mine was a "post-retirement investment" and I've never looked back!!! Look at the build, features, warranties, etc. compared to the Huskie and you'll easily agree that the extra $1K will be a wise investment!!! IMHO, you have picked 3 very good machines to choose from. Post back details on that Pro Turn 152. What a deal(that thing carries a suggested MSRP of $7499 for the 2013 model)!!!!!!!

1982ace

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help, my local dealer was having a fleet sale extra 20% off? I demoed both gravelys and liked both the pro turn was more in my price range not sure about the kawasaki fs engine and the 3200 hydro gear instead of the 3400 on the 100 xdz? How has yours held up? I don't have plush grass by no means, my yard is reclaimed pasture land in the form of Bahia grass. Is the 22hp plenty of motor to push through heavy grass?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for your help, my local dealer was having a fleet sale extra 20% off? I demoed both gravelys and liked both the pro turn was more in my price range not sure about the kawasaki fs engine and the 3200 hydro gear instead of the 3400 on the 100 xdz? How has yours held up? I don't have plush grass by no means, my yard is reclaimed pasture land in the form of Bahia grass. Is the 22hp plenty of motor to push through heavy grass?

I'll put it this way on the Pro Turn 152 with the 23hp FX691V. The extremely mild and very rainy July-August we have had in Middle TN has made my Kentucky Fescue grow VERY fast and VERY thick!!! Last weekend, when I cut it there was no way to avoid generating HUGE 6"-8" piles of grass clippings. I was adamant that I was going to mow over my front yard as many times as necessary to reduce the grass clippings to where you could not see them(I went to my dealer yesterday and ordered the Gravely mulch kit for just these conditions...and my dealer save me about $35 off the suggested MSRP). Anyhow, last weekend when I mowed over those(I'm not exaggerating) ^"-8" piles of grass clippings(with the deck set at 2.5 ") my Gravely didn't so much as even "sound like" it was straining to cut through those clippings at a medium mowing speed!!!!! Them Gravely Pro Turn XDZ's with them Kawa FX series engines are simply put "b__a__" cutting machines!!!! My old "24hp" B & S Craftsman lawn tractor would have died in it's tracks cutting those clippings after about 1 foot at slow speed!!!

1982ace

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your input!

pepvol

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll put it this way on the Pro Turn 152 with the 23hp FX691V. The extremely mild and very rainy July-August we have had in Middle TN has made my Kentucky Fescue grow VERY fast and VERY thick!!! Last weekend, when I cut it there was no way to avoid generating HUGE 6"-8" piles of grass clippings. I was adamant that I was going to mow over my front yard as many times as necessary to reduce the grass clippings to where you could not see them(I went to my dealer yesterday and ordered the Gravely mulch kit for just these conditions...and my dealer save me about $35 off the suggested MSRP). Anyhow, last weekend when I mowed over those(I'm not exaggerating) ^"-8" piles of grass clippings(with the deck set at 2.5 ") my Gravely didn't so much as even "sound like" it was straining to cut through those clippings at a medium mowing speed!!!!! Them Gravely Pro Turn XDZ's with them Kawa FX series engines are simply put "b__a__" cutting machines!!!! My old "24hp" B & S Craftsman lawn tractor would have died in it's tracks cutting those clippings after about 1 foot at slow speed!!!

ok , the only dealer anywhere close to me has the Gravely pro turn 152 for $7499 , and with the kohler motor it is $ 7999 . That surprised me , the kohler is 23hp vs kawasaki's 22hp , but you would think the Kaw. would be worth more ? I guess I'll at least go check it out and see how much they would come down , it does sound like an impressive machine !

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
ok , the only dealer anywhere close to me has the Gravely pro turn 152 for $7499 , and with the kohler motor it is $ 7999 . That surprised me , the kohler is 23hp vs kawasaki's 22hp , but you would think the Kaw. would be worth more ? I guess I'll at least go check it out and see how much they would come down , it does sound like an impressive machine !

The Kohler is more expensive because it has electronic fuel injection("supposed to be" better on gas consumption, but I am quite pleased with the performance of my Kawasaki with a carb). There are a LOT of good ZTR's available when you get into the $7k-$8k range, but when it comes down to the build, components, and warranty I can't help but recommend the Gravely Pro-Turn 100 XDZ series. It is a full blown Commercial ZTR and well worth every penny. I haven't really gone deep into the tech specs, but I would be curious about the torque rating of the Kawasaki FX to the Kohler EFI(horsepower is no longer the best indication of "mowing power). If you don't include the Gravely line in comparisons to other well known brands you are/have been looking at you are leaving out a serious contender for your money and the company motto says it all....."An American Workhorse Since 1916". Ask any old-timer farmer about Gravely farm equipment and he'll tell you about their heritage of quality.

If your closest Gravely dealer has a ZTR in stock that interests you make him an offer and tell him to call you in a few weeks if it hasn't sold and he's interested in your offer. They'll probably aready be starting up a Fall Clearance sale by now(after Labor Day weekend) with 0% financing. In a couple of weeks they will be VERY likely to come down several hundred dollars from their Fall Clearance price if it hasn't sold. Of course, you are taking a chance that it won't and when it's gone he won't order another 2013 at a deep discount price because of the shipping/handling cost(of course the one in the showroom floor today had that cost too). All in all, I think it's the best time of the year to get a deal(September-October).

pepvol

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Kohler is more expensive because it has electronic fuel injection("supposed to be" better on gas consumption, but I am quite pleased with the performance of my Kawasaki with a carb). There are a LOT of good ZTR's available when you get into the $7k-$8k range, but when it comes down to the build, components, and warranty I can't help but recommend the Gravely Pro-Turn 100 XDZ series. It is a full blown Commercial ZTR and well worth every penny. I haven't really gone deep into the tech specs, but I would be curious about the torque rating of the Kawasaki FX to the Kohler EFI(horsepower is no longer the best indication of "mowing power). If you don't include the Gravely line in comparisons to other well known brands you are/have been looking at you are leaving out a serious contender for your money and the company motto says it all....."An American Workhorse Since 1916". Ask any old-timer farmer about Gravely farm equipment and he'll tell you about their heritage of quality.

If your closest Gravely dealer has a ZTR in stock that interests you make him an offer and tell him to call you in a few weeks if it hasn't sold and he's interested in your offer. They'll probably aready be starting up a Fall Clearance sale by now(after Labor Day weekend) with 0% financing. In a couple of weeks they will be VERY likely to come down several hundred dollars from their Fall Clearance price if it hasn't sold. Of course, you are taking a chance that it won't and when it's gone he won't order another 2013 at a deep discount price because of the shipping/handling cost(of course the one in the showroom floor today had that cost too). All in all, I think it's the best time of the year to get a deal(September-October).

Very obvious you did your research very well , and I'd like to thank you for all your help no matter what I end up buying , I definitely know a lot more about what to look at and for before I came on this forum , this is a great thing about the internet now a days , you can do a ton of research before you lay out a lot of money for an expensive item ... Thanks a lot man , I appreciate your help .

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very obvious you did your research very well , and I'd like to thank you for all your help no matter what I end up buying , I definitely know a lot more about what to look at and for before I came on this forum , this is a great thing about the internet now a days , you can do a ton of research before you lay out a lot of money for an expensive item ... Thanks a lot man , I appreciate your help .

Not a problem, I enjoy helping however I can. I appreciate the compliment and last July/August I was in your shoes on these forums doing exactly what you are(learning from others that have "been there"). This forum has a great community of volunteers that just simply like sharing their knowledge. I'll never regret coming here and I'm sure after your purchase you'll hang around too.

scuts

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been running around with this same thought on the same mowers for several months. Sold an older hustler fastrak 44" and now mowerless. Looking to get something but it doesnt have to be now, just before next spring. I have roughly 2 acres of grass that is celebration bermuda and some sunsport bermuda in the backyard.

The OP brought up the pro turn 52 which is what I am looking at along with the mzt-52. Those 2 are in my price range and are along what I think I need. The 152 is a bit out of my price range. The problem is I do not really like the air filter on the pro turn 52 on the kawa FS. It looks cheap and I am worried about how it will hold up. I am in SC and we have some pretty dusty conditions (crush and run driveway) The mzt-52 has a briggs, but what appears to be a better filter to me.

The gravely has a couple of +'s in its bag such as 10 vs 11 gauge metal on the deck etc

I can get either mower for roughly the same price. Actually a slight bit cheaper on the pro turn 52 from a local dealer. Out of those 2, what are yalls thoughts?

I have also thought about the kubota kommander and the hustler fastrak super duty (probably out of my range as well)

Attachments

• 2013-06-12 18.54.43.jpg
    2013-06-12 18.54.43.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 12