Gravely Pro Turn 460 vs Exmark Lazer Z X 60"

resqpink

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I'm new here, considering purchase of a new z-turn. I mow 2 ac of yard w/ a craftsman 54", and @ 4 ac of field with an old tractor weekly. The tractor has seen it's better days, as has the craftsman. I'm tired of buying residential grade every 5-6 yrs.
I'm currently looking @ the Gravely Pro Turn 460 and the Exmark Lazer Z X 60". They're both about the same price, but the Gravely has a better seat, thicker deck, larger cast iron spindles, larger casters, larger pumps. It also has lim. lifetime deck & frame warranty, the rest is 3 yr.
The Exmark seems to be favored in all the forums I've searched, has a Kohler vs Kawasaki on the Gravely. The warranty on the Exmark is 5 yr, starting in Apr '13 (effectively 5 1/2 yrs).
I went to the dealer thinking Exmark, but now the Gravely looks pretty good. Does anyone here have experience with these mowers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

scott47429

Threads
i dont have experence with gravley but they are a good machine i know alot of people that have them and all love them i even see some of the commercial guys have them on there trucks but im a Exmark person here i have the Lazer Z 72 and love it to death great mower there are some ups and downs between the two but either will serve you well for many years if taken care of also check into the suspension seats for the Exmark i have one and love it also

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am not sure what one I would pick for the same money. They both are tough and will give close to the same cut. But I do believe the gravely will handle more abuse.
I would use each one for a day and see how I like them

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

resqpink

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the advice. Right now I'm leaning toward the Ex- seems to be more popular with the commercial landscapers here. I also like the longer warranty. I'm gonna try to get both to my house to try before buying.

MiataDvr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Which one has higher resale/trade value?

luvatenor

Threads
I have a 72" Exmark Z-DS-with Kabuta diesel engine. I never had a commercial mower before but the quality and features are incredible-at almost 1700# it appears bulletproof and the Kubota motor is awesome to listen to. I would definitely recommend the Exmark-service dept has been awesome and will even call you back if you have a question.