Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

able43

Threads
purchased my zt-xl 52" about 5-6 years ago. 23hp Kawasaki engine on it. take care all

Glades Cat

Threads
Hello from South Florida, folks. Just joined today. Bought a new Ariens mower to replace a 20 something y/o Swisher mower that was done. I bought an Ikon XD 52 with the Kawasaki engine. I like it.

northshorepaul

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! 👍

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name 😆). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
i am a newbie...sort of. I joined years ago because I did not ever have anything of substance to post, I just like reading about maintenance on mowers, engines and decks. I currently have a JD lawn tractor, a LA110 that is about 15 years old and I have kept it going all these years, from engine repairs to deck replacement. Now I am in the market for a new one...one with a lifetime warranty and I'll explain that one when I post on the suitable place.
Have a good remainder of the weekend and it is a cold one here down south for the middle of March.

toledoupsguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! 👍

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name 😆). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
New here from Ohio with ariens apex 52

vertexranch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello from North Texas! I'm a Director for a non-profit Christian Leadership Camp and a generous donor contributed a Gravely 260z mower - Kaw engine. It's an incredible mower, and we've had it services, blades sharpenend and some parts replaced (PTO Switch) though we've run into some issues with the engine stalling when engaging the blades.

bullet bob

Threads
Hello from North Texas! I'm a Director for a non-profit Christian Leadership Camp and a generous donor contributed a Gravely 260z mower - Kaw engine. It's an incredible mower, and we've had it services, blades sharpenend and some parts replaced (PTO Switch) though we've run into some issues with the engine stalling when engaging the blades.
Welcome to the forum. Are you engaging with the engine at full power or at idle?

vertexranch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the forum. Are you engaging with the engine at full power or at idle?
I've been engaging at full throttle, though after reading some posts on the forum I see that engaging at idle is advised on some models. After bypassing my seat safety switch today (which I dont plan on keeping bypassed) it engaged at idle or full throttle - I posted here about it https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/thre...-ztr-dies-when-engaging-the-blades-pto.72528/

Not sure how to get that safety switch out of that soft ride seat... looks like a complete disassembly, not the simple twist and remove like a lot of them. I did buy the replacement part, but you can only see the connector from the bottom of the seat.. not the twist lock gray portion.. thoughts??

vertexranch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Alas, just checked the diagram again and looks like I picked up the wrong part..
I picked up this one (which appears to be the switch component AND the mounting component): Screen Shot 10.png

But the manual specs this one, which looks to be just the switch component: Screen Shot 14.png

JudyMows

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. I would like to keep my 2006 Gravely Zero Turn 72" mower at peak performance and I'm experiencing some steering trouble.

Oct152007 003.jpg

My husband purchased a Gravely zero turn before he died so I wouldn't have any trouble mowing in the foreseeable future. All has been well until lately when the left steering arm feels like it is getting 'caught' on something and refuses to pull backwards. I pull and pull and move the right arm back and forward until the left gets back on board, but it was almost impossible to turn last mowing. I can't see anything in the way of the steering arm assembly.
It seems less of a pull with the PTO off but it is still there.
The parking brake is hard to pull up/on sometimes and I can't find a cause. I wonder if the brake is related to the steering problem.

The dealership (John Deere) is at a loss to figure out what is happening. Everything seems to work fine there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Sept302007 004.jpg
Sept302007 005.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A can of dry lithium grease libberally applied to all moving parts will work wonders .