blainenbecky

Threads
never had an Husqvarna before but we got one today

it was a lot of fun shopping for this thing
it cuts like a tank.
so far so good
pic test

Threads
Thanks for the pictures....Maybe you could tell us how you like it after you use it some more. :thumbsup:

blainenbecky

Threads
sure
well I'l start off with saying this mower cut my cutting time in half and it cuts like a dream.
the mower I had before this one was an old Dixon chain drive so there is a big difference between the 2 cutters
but I did have a problem with the guys who sold me the mower
they told me they would fill the fluids and deliver the mower to me and the delivery guy would show me all the in's and out's of the mower ,
long story short the delivery guy show up and dropped off the mower and and he drove off with out showing me one thing about my new mower .
he did have another mower on his trailer and I guess he had to get it delivered as well.so no big deal
so I started up the mower and started cutting grass
10 min.'s later I shut it down as the steering felt stiff
I looked at the hydraulic reservoir and one of them was empty.
I called the salesman and told him there was no oil in the left hydraulic reservoir
he told me it was most likely just hot and needed to be checked when it cooled down
2 hours latter it was still dry,
I went out and bought some oil and filled the thing 2 times before it stopped draining down into the hydraulic drive motor
and just as I thought it was empty
somehow they must have just overlooked it
I called the salesman back up and told him I wanted him to make a note that the hydraulic reservoir had been over looked and was completely dry as to have a record if something should happen with that drive motor later.
then I cut grass for 2 hours and made friends with the new mower pretty quick
but there are a few things I don't like about some of the construction points of this mower, they are as follows
there are places where the paint was missed on the frame and will start to rust if I don't touch it up with some paint of my own
and the placement of the blade engagement is in a bad place , I inadvertently bumped it 2 times and shut off the blades.
and in really tough tall grass it leaves a little more grass standing then I'd like to see
and the blade height adjustment pin is a little hard to insert or pull out to change the height of the cutting deck
other then that she cuts like a fast dream and so far I am very happy with it
I am going to put lights on it later but I don't like the light kit they offer for it so I will make my own lights

here is a pic of of the hydraulic reservoir that was left dry

and here is one of the other side that was filled properly

Threads
Yes, that is clearly empty! :confused2: Thanks for the review, and we would love to see the mower after you put lights on it. There are many threads on the forum about light kits if you need help. :smile:

RatRacer

Threads
Welcome to LMF, and the Husqvarna club:thumbsup:

Yeah, they shipped my mower low on tranny fluid too. But I never trust that anyone else is really looking out for my best interests, so I checked over all the fluids and lubed all the fittings specified in the manual, to give me the peace of mind that was actually done before starting it up.

blainenbecky

Threads
Welcome to LMF, and the Husqvarna club:thumbsup:

Yeah, they shipped my mower low on tranny fluid too. But I never trust that anyone else is really looking out for my best interests, so I checked over all the fluids and lubed all the fittings specified in the manual, to give me the peace of mind that was actually done before starting it up.

thanks guys

and hi ratracer
I see in your avatar picture you have a roll bar on your MZT52
did it come with it or did you have to order it ?
any one know what the part number is for that roll bar or where I could get it on line ?

Threads
I watched the whole video, and it is a good one....with lots of pros and cons that people will find helpful. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

RatRacer

Threads
thanks guys

and hi ratracer
I see in your avatar picture you have a roll bar on your MZT52
did it come with it or did you have to order it ?
any one know what the part number is for that roll bar or where I could get it on line ?

It comes equipped standard with a ROPS bar.

lonestarjeff

Threads
Enjoyed the photos & the video. I bought the 5224 earlier this year & I also was replacing an old chain drive Dixon. As you said my Dixon was a good old mower, but the Husky runs circles around it. I went for the Kawasaki model for the reasons you mentioned about the Kohler issues. I ordered mine online & had it delivered. it came w/ low hydro fluid in both tanks. Not dry, but very low.

Jeff