Gonna break down and get a leaf blower......

Harriet

Threads
I'm not too big on all this high tech new fangled yard machinery stuff----I like my basic tools with no moving parts----rakes, hoes, shovels and such. But.....I'm getting old, and this last round of leaf raking has my back killing me. So----what's the best leaf blower for the money??

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dolmar has a new 4 stroke hand held leaf blower out that weight about 10 pounds. About the same as most good quality blowers. Takes about 3 ounces of oil in the crankcase and burns straight gas with no mixing. Have been hearing reports of people getting well over 1000 hours out of them. Can also be converted to vacuum.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
A leaf blower is the only garden tool I have no desire to own -- I hate the noise they make. I just did about an hour of leaf raking yesterday and it was just fine -- I got some exercise and the job is done... for about three days.:laughing:

However, if I had a bad back I might feel differently.

I believe that the best brand is Stihl -- a quality piece of equipment that will last decades if maintained properly.

lizard

Threads
Best Blower to get is a 'Homelite'......they are the lightest and quietest.
Have 2 of these......one is 16 years old and is still going......the other one is 5 years old.
Even though I am in Australia.........these are made in USA.
the 2 Stroke mix is 32 to 1.....and they start good and last forever(nearly)
Plenty of Power and 2nd Quietest on market.......as the exhaust gas goes into the blowers chamber.....which is great.......no exhaust fumes.........lol:laughing:

carl22

Threads
I've had a Weed Eater brand electric power blower for about ten years now, and it still works as well as it did the day I bought it. I like it because I get lots of leaves on my driveway and it's a pain in the butt raking a concrete driveway.

Semiretired

Threads
You didn't mention how large of an area you had to rake, but if it's a large area with lots of trees, then you might want to consider a walk behind blower. I have a Little Wonder that I purchased over 10 years ago to clear my 3 acre yard (with about 150+ oak, hickory, and sassfras trees) and it's one of the best purchases I ever made for clearing leaves. Then, a couple years ago, I bought a Blower Buggy from JRCO to mount on the front of my big Scag mower so now I don't even have to push it around to get the job done.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
--what's the best leaf blower for the money??

If you are thinking of an electric (corded) blower...
Get a Rigid 2in1 shop vac... just used mine this AM to blow away a lot of leaves, even wet leaves, slight drizzle...
The power head just un-clips from the shop vac base and you have a good blower... :smile:KennyV

L

localedgelawncare

Everyone has their own opinions on all equipment, My own personal best is echo trimmers hedge trimmers blowers etc, Thats the only thing i have on all of my Lawn care trucks. they hardly ever give me any troubles and trust me my guys are very rough on my lawn care equipment. as a home owner if you maintain it then it will be the last you will ever buy!

Ifixdit

Threads
I've got two Craftsman blowers and they have both been reliable and reasonably priced. I'd recommend hearing protection though as they are quite loud.