Going out to cut some wood (read on)

okiepc

Well-Known Member
Taking the John Deere CS56 chainsaw & my old 85 F150 out to the woods to cut some firewood. Here is the deal though, a pipeline company came through this land and removed a ton of red oak, they removed all the branches and then laid out the trees on pasture land so all I need to do is wack them up, how cool . It is estimated to be over 50 rick (that is how it is measured here). I will post some pics later. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
There are 3 ricks of wood to a cord so you are talking about 16.7 cords of wood or 33 or so 8' bed pickup loads, a lot of red oak. :thumbsup:
I always carry an extra chain when I cut firewood. If you do not have power steering on the f-150, you will, when you load it up. :laughing::laughing:
 
Last edited:
I got back and unloaded & stacked, some will require splitting, pretty good cutting there for sure.
This company came in with huge equipment, it can cut three to four trees at once depending on size then another machine comes in and grabs hold of the tree, pulls it in and removes all the branches then they are stacked on the ground 3 or 4 high. Must be careful as they will roll around so safety first.
By the way here a rick is 1/2 of a chord because of the length, if it were shorter, then it would be three rick to a cord. There were a few blackjack & hickory in the mix but mostly red oak.
I have power steering but when it is loaded it is really power steering. :laughing:
I took a few pics. & will post them when the batteries are charged.
 
Here are a few pictures, not very good cause my batteries were weak but you can see how they are stacked. May go out again in the morning.:thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • cutting 008.jpg
    cutting 008.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 27
  • cutting 010.jpg
    cutting 010.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 20
  • cutting 007.jpg
    cutting 007.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 31
  • cutting 009.jpg
    cutting 009.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 22
Here at the Jersey Shore we had someone named Sandy come through, and you can get all the wood you want....... I see the price of seasoned firewood dropping in 2013.
 
Here at the Jersey Shore we had someone named Sandy come through, and you can get all the wood you want....... I see the price of seasoned firewood dropping in 2013.

I would love to but its a little too far from Oklahoma. Man I hope you are all well soon :thumbsup:
 
Hi all

Looks like a lot of firewood and a lot of work, i bet it wasn't to easy to get those pieces into the pick-up box with that topper on it to. :tongue:
 
Back
Top