Buying Advice Getting Worried!

frankr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since we purchased our new home in April, I've been counting the days till I can buy a JD X300 to mow the 3.5 acres we're on. But I bought a used little GX75 for tight spaces and turned out it needs about $300 worth of work(another story). Couldn't find anyone to work on it because it seems you have to be a JD dealer to be able to order JD parts. So, I took it to a JD dealer, two and a half weeks ago! They still "haven't gotten to it." Is this what I have to look forward to? In general, are JD lawn tractor repairs just a pain for these dealers? Been reading stories of people waiting 3 to 5 weeks for even simple repairs. What is the experience you folks have had getting repairs at a JD dealer?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
First thing I would do is go get your mower from the dealer that don't have time for you and bring it to the old guy down the road you know the one with the shop in his back yard.
Any one can buy parts

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

scott47429

Threads
anyone from the back yard mechanic to the full blown dealers can get parts for any mower so no you don't have to go to JD and this is the busy season so it will take a little longer to get a mower back as most of the repair shops are backed up but still shouldn't take that long to look at it

Bison

Threads
Like said before,parts can be had by anyone.
I would go get that mower out of that dealers shop,..they are banking on you to trade it in for a new one or they leave it sit for a slow day in the shop.

My advice,..learn to fix it yourself.
Much more agreeable for the wallet

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What is wrong with it I am sure some one here can help you with fixing it your self.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

okiepc

Threads
I have got a gx75 & I love it, it is my main mower. For $9.95 I downloaded the entire repair manual for it, yes the complete JD repair manual, it shows every repair possible, with that and a little time I can do just about any repair and save my $.:thumbsup:

Frog

Threads
Most dealers these days just want to sell em, They dont like to be bothered with repairing them. There a people on this forum who can help you through most anything you run into. And remember, if you do it yourself, the labor bill will be a LOT smaller, plus the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself... Good luck and keep us posted!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Frog

pauldeere

Threads
I purchased a x300 to mow the grass at home. We have a wopping 1/2 acre and the x300 does just fine with the optional 48" deck. however I think that 3 1/2 acres would be a bit much for a x300 unless you you enjoy spending 3 to 4 hrs. mowing. just my 2 cents.......:thumbdown:

talley2191

Threads
I think I'd want to go zero turn for that much property unless you have a a lot need for a garden tractor then perhaps the larger deck on a gt would have to do.

PJ

Threads
Since we purchased our new home in April, I've been counting the days till I can buy a JD X300 to mow the 3.5 acres we're on. But I bought a used little GX75 for tight spaces and turned out it needs about $300 worth of work(another story). Couldn't find anyone to work on it because it seems you have to be a JD dealer to be able to order JD parts. So, I took it to a JD dealer, two and a half weeks ago! They still "haven't gotten to it." Is this what I have to look forward to? In general, are JD lawn tractor repairs just a pain for these dealers? Been reading stories of people waiting 3 to 5 weeks for even simple repairs. What is the experience you folks have had getting repairs at a JD dealer?

Hi Frank
It is so bad that dealers performance coupled to the product but OK as customers we need to say our say in the end the dealership will feel the pains. Word of mouth advertising can be very strong we only need to use it.
So go out there and tell them how you feel about there service.
Remember we will stay GREEN

PJ