Getting ready for the fall

Bethieboo

Threads
I know that fall is coming because the nights are cooler. That means soon I am going to have to deal with leaves. I am trying to figure out the best way to deal with them. How about a leaf shredder does that exist?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mow them up ... a few extra passes with your mower will shred them into very good mulch, with or without mulching blades... :smile:KennyV

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Br 600 001.jpg
    Br 600 001.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Br 600 002.jpg
    Br 600 002.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 9

Stopper

Threads
That is interesting to know. I was always under the impression you did not want to mow leaves up if you don't have the right blade. Of course Kenny is the expert so I will chose to believe him!

noma

Threads
Hay stopper

Yes mowing them up is good mulch for you grass and i doesn't matter what blade you use as long as it mow them up.

mowsby

Threads
Between leaves, ashes and compost I am starting to wonder why I spent so many years buying dirt for the gardens. I would have saved so much more money if I had started to compost earlier.

cren

Threads
I doubt you are the only person who has wondered this. I know a few years ago a parenting friend was on a field trip with the local school horticulture class whos task was to take care of the entire school yard for the upcoming week (band march needed the field and they had to prep it). :)

Michael

Threads
This may sound like a little more work but, I rake up my leaves, put them in a big plastic barrel, fire up the old weed wacker, its just like a gigantic blender, its actully almost fun, then I toss them in the compost pile. Just my :2cents:
Michael

rmancini

Threads
I've been mowing-up the leaves for years. By late September, I'm up to my arm pits in Maple leaves.
My Cyclone rake (see below) makes it relatively easy.
rmancini-albums-rich-picture105t-mvc-001s.JPG

The impeller blades reduce the size of clippings and leaves so I don't have to dump as often.
Rich

Attachments

• Collection-2.jpg
    Collection-2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 14

stanley

Threads
Turning them into mulch with you mower is the easiest way to go. Although I have to admit that Michaels' idea sounds like much more fun!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kenny is the expert

Don't know about the expert part ... but I have mowed a lot leaves over too many decades.

I do NOT like raking anything ... unless it is attached to the back of a :smile:tractor:smile: KennyV