Gas treatment to clean the carburetor ?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Heard recently you got to watch out for those drying fuel additives too. 🎣 (y)

slomo

Reactions: Tyy

BTBO

Threads
It seems that most start problems I have with my Toro mower have to do with the carburetor gumming up. Is there a good gas treatment that I could continually use that will help to ensure the carburetor stays clean? Thanks
I use Seafoam at the suggested rate of one ounce per gallon, in addition to non-ethanol gas in my two stroke engines and four strokes. For a shock type treatment, use 3-4 ounces per gallon.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use Seafoam at the suggested rate of one ounce per gallon, in addition to non-ethanol gas in my two stroke engines and four strokes. For a shock type treatment, use 3-4 ounces per gallon.
Other than lightening up your wallet and making a lot of smoke, what does it actually do?

At 3-4 times recommended or even proper dosage, you are adding oil (Seafoam) to the fuel, lowering horsepower and torque. Where is the benefit? And if that doesn't burn out all the way, you get more carbon buildup on the valves and such.

Like I stated before, Seafoam was originally brought to the market for 2 smoke engines.

slomo

Beamster

Threads
Seafoam in everything using pump gas. Saved me on many a Spring startup. Before that I always had a problem and I have many seasonal gas powered items to live with. Eight bucks a can is far less than rebuilding kits and time wasted.

Tyy

Threads
I'll 2nd the Startron usage that scrubcadet10 advised , have used it since ethanol fuel came into existence . I find Seafoam a very effective solvency benefit when used prior to an oil change in your oil . Also very effective when used to clean your intake plenum for auto usage . Remove your pcv hose run vehicle at high idle and pour half a can into the hose . Do it at nite ( excessive smoke) to prevent the epa agents running to your driveway lol. Really smooths out any rough idle , sluggish acceleration , improves fuel consumption also . I find additives used properly & periodically can benefit overall engine performance .

Tyy

Threads
Heard recently you got to watch out for those drying fuel additives too. 🎣 (y)

slomo
Heard rumours of excessive use of Seafoam causing premature engine gasket or seal failures , something inferred to chlorine additives or content having a contributing cause ?