Gas in Oil?

Alexhoke20

Forum Newbie
Threads
Noticed yesterday that there was a puddle of oil underneath the back of my mower, took mower cover off and noticed oil on the back of the mower, havent used mower in a while just moved out of way and the reparked in same place. mower cover had oil on inside where exhaust was. Checked oil and had gas in it.....Any ideas what it could be

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Float valve in carb has stuck open allowing fuel to overflow the carb down into the intake past the piston rings, or down into the breather tube directly into the crankcase. Either path will require removing the carb and cleaning and installing a carb repair kit.

justabanger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had this happen with both my old craftsman mowers. Once to the point the engine wouldn't turn over because the cylinder was full of fuel. I just changed the oil and put in a shut off valve in the fuel line. Now when I'm done mowing I shut the gas off and let it run till it dies and the turn of the ignition.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I've had this happen with both my old craftsman mowers. Once to the point the engine wouldn't turn over because the cylinder was full of fuel. I just changed the oil and put in a shut off valve in the fuel line. Now when I'm done mowing I shut the gas off and let it run till it dies and the turn of the ignition.
Always good to pull the carb and clean / replace the float needle & / or seat
Most tims it will just be a little crud but if the float can not cut off the fuel supply the mower will be running rich and it will only get worse .