Garden gnomes

Rawlings

Threads
Hi everyone. I would like to know your opinions on garden gnomes. Essential or an eyesore? I really want to get a few for my front yard but am losing the family vote on the issue.

henry

Threads
I think they are ok if you have a couple. If you have too many then it might start to look creepy. Haven't you ever seen the movie where all the garden gnomes come to life and go crazy? :confused2:

dria

Threads
I think garden gnomes look OK but I think that you must take care of them. This means cleaning them and protecting them in bad weather.

stanley

Threads
I think they look pretty cool. Maybe put some solar lights nearby too. You won't need a lot that way if you want them to look spooky.:smile:

Usedtorent

Threads
Personally I don't like them at all. I think you can decorate but those just seem really "redneck" to me. I'm not into the gnomes at all. I've seen some houses that have almost 25 of them scattered around the front yard.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would like to know your opinions on garden gnomes. Essential or an eyesore?

If it puts a smile on your face.... do it, there are never too many things to cause a smile... :smile:KennyV

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 6

Rawlings

Threads
Many thanks for all the responses. They reflect my families opinions pretty well! As tempted as I am to make them look spooky I think that may not go down too well. :smile: I agree with Kenny that if they make me happy I should just go ahead. Maybe just one or two... to start!

Attachments

• IMG_20140602_131603.jpg
    IMG_20140602_131603.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 6

Flossie

Threads
I think they are ok if you have a couple. If you have too many then it might start to look creepy. Haven't you ever seen the movie where all the garden gnomes come to life and go crazy? :confused2:

That is one movie I for one will not be renting. I'm afraid I have to say that gnomes creep me out a little. It could be because as a child I was forced to spend many hours playing in an elderly relatives's garden full of them. They all had names and outfits she'd made to 'suit their personalities'!

Attachments

• carb 2.jpg
    carb 2.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Small_choke_spring.jpg
    Small_choke_spring.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Small_choke_spring2.jpg
    Small_choke_spring2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 2
  • top of carb.jpg
    top of carb.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1

Hershey

Threads
They can be terrific as others have said. The problem is usually taking care of them. My grandparents had a fishing gnome for decades. When they passed, my uncle had it for a time and now my sister has it. She actually had it restored.

Bessy

Threads
That is one movie I for one will not be renting. I'm afraid I have to say that gnomes creep me out a little. It could be because as a child I was forced to spend many hours playing in an elderly relatives's garden full of them. They all had names and outfits she'd made to 'suit their personalities'!

That in itself would have set me over the edge on the gnome issue. One or two I am ok with but more than that gets a whole lot creepy, the commercials on tv with them are also creepy