Funny picture thread

4getgto

Threads
Well... They say anybody can fix a lawnmower..!

travis110131_4_250.jpg

Had to try out my new " selfie stick"...?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
That picture is bogus.

Anybody knows a Honda doesn't break down.

logert gogert

Threads
Hey guys! I know its been awhile, and you probably don't wanna hear from me. But i just wanted to check in, see how you guys are doing.
And i want you to forget what you guys remember about me... i'm a whole new person, my knowledge in small engine repair has grown so much since I was last here! I also have a Job now, I work at a horse farm right across the street, I feed the horses, pick up manure, brush them etc. but besides that I also am the mechanic for the farm, i have fixed almost everything there, i've fixed tillers, stump grinders, weedeaters, push mowers, riding tractors, etc. And I even serviced the kubota farm tractor, it was a 3 liter, 3 cylinder liquid cooled carbureted 30 hp ( think ) diesel motor. I was
scared though, never worked on a motor that big though, but my "boss" and i have grown a great attachment and he told me to do it anyway because he was confident in my abilities.
I've also been through alot also since i've last been here, me and my boss, ( his name is walt ) were cutting up logs that he had laying around for awhile, and we were taking them to the side of the road and putting them in piles with a "free" sign next to it. we live down a gravel road, but at the end of the gravel road is a paved 2 lane country style road with a 55mph speed limit. After we were done loading our utvs up with logs, we would drive down our gravel road, and put them on the side of the road. he had just bought a brand new kubota utv, it was the top of the line version with everything. He told me it cost about $14k. and i had a old bristers chuck wagon that he gave to me, so i fixed it and had been using it for farm work.
Now we are loading up our UTVs and he loads his up before i load mine up, and he tells me to stop loading mine, so i can help him unload his at the end of the road. He then asks me if i would like to ride with him, and i said no ill just drive mine down there. So we get in our UTVs and head to the road, once we get there i help him unload. so now we are waiting for an opening in traffic so we can turn around and go back to the farm.
Then all of a sudden i hear a big boom behind me. I look back and Walt has been hit by a truck, head on. I couldn't believe it was happening, I was in shock for about 5 seconds, and just stood there. I get out and run over to him, Hes moaning, and barely breathing, I try to talk to him and see if he can hear me, he replied with a very faint, "are you okay?". I tell him "yea walt im fine we are gonna get you out of here, you'll be fine". Now at this point people are getting out of there vehicles to come help, a kind man helped me pull him out, and we got him on the ground, but he's not breathing anymore, I don't know how to do CPR and a million things are going through my head. Luckily a ambulance is passing by, i couldn't believe it, i thought they might actually be able to save him, but they couldn't, they did cpr for about an hour, but no vitals or anything. He passed away. The man that hit him was drunk, speeding, and fell asleep. Out of all the places he could've fell asleep he had to fall asleep right there, it just didn't make sense.
Now after it happened, i've been thankful for life, because i was only 10 feet away from it, i heard the crash, and i heard walt scream, that scream still haunts me... i just cant get it out of my head that if the man fell asleep 1 second earlier, it could've been me that had gotten hit.
the next day when i went to go check on his wife, to see how she was doing, she told me that walt thought of me as the son he never had.