Repairs fuel tank connection

JTT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guys, I'm having a problem getting the gromet and stem back in the fuel tank on a Husqvarna RZ5426 zero turn, can anybody help?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Error

If you removed parts from tank, retrace your steps taking your time. Question, are new parts original Husqvarna replacement parts?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Error

If you removed parts from tank, retrace your steps taking your time. Question, are new parts original Husqvarna replacement parts?

And more specifically...are the grommet & stem original or new replacement parts(and hope you haven't thrown away the old ones)???

JTT

Forum Newbie
Threads
They are original replacement parts, the problem I'm having is getting the gromet and stem up in the tank. It is such a tight fit, can't get both in together, I tried the gromet first, then the stem, and then both the gromet and stem together. I don't want to put too much pressure on the stem, that's how I broke it to start with,any suggestions? I've tried axle grease

Perryb

Forum Newbie
Threads
On all tanks I have worked on the grommet has to go on first,then the fuel stem. Tight fit yes but, that is what seals it up. Perry

JTT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Finally got it, had to remove tank, turn it over in order to put enough even pressure to insert grommet in first, the stem, actually pretty easy this way.