Fuel problem B&S model 294440-0414-01 V twin Vanguard

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Fuel problem B&S model 294440-0414-01 V twin Vanguard
A tree frog? An entire tree frog? There had to be a good story behind that one. Either that or somebody just left the thing parked for a very long time with the fuel cap off.
Farmer with on farm fuel storage, I suspect the frog had crawled into the fuel nozzle at some point and then when the fuel was pumped he was forced out of the nozzle into the tank

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes as the others have said
Very common for debris , just plain old clippings to clog the fuel outlet so you are using fuel faster than it is being supplied thus the fuel filter draining is a symptom not the problem.
Another one that seems to pop up more & more these days is the fuel live delaminating
Modern fuel lines are now 3 individual tubes one inside another
The inner most one is bout 0.005" thick and designed to stop the fuel vapour diffusing through the hose & escaping into the atmosphere .
EPA strikes again
When you pull off & replace a fuel line over a barbed nipple it can rupture this thin membrane so it acts like one of those self filling rubber bladder dams
Been caught out twice with this happening so now I always cut 1/4" to 1/2" of the end of any suspect looking hose .

So the first "trick" is to put a NEW filter on backwards .
Problem goes away = air lock in the exit end of the filter

Next get a bucket and pull the fuel line off the carb , remove the spark plugs ( remember to ground them ) , crank the engine to get a flow started then watch the bucket to see if the flow peters out .
If the end of the hose is lower then the tank outlet then you should get a syphon happening and a steady flow ( remove the fuel cap )

Johner

Threads
As soon as the machine comes back will be taking the tank off incase there is gel in the bottom that is hard to see looking in and if there is a leak in the siphon pipe. I will post the results. The posts led me to a conclusion that is very viable. Thank you everyone for the input.

Forest#2

Threads
You might think about getting some fuel hose and rig it from your fuel pump into a fuel supply setting on the floor, like for example a milk jug and test. You can later rig your old fuel filter into the test hose fuel supply.

From post #2 copy and paste.
Lots of people are not aware of this statement below and think the clear filter should be full of fuel.

Any time the fuel filter is on the inlet side of the fuel pump. It will never stay full. Doesn't matter what it is on.