Fs600v burning oil fast

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Looks like it to me

except i would also buy 2 wrist pins and 4 new retaining clips, not included in that kit, since you'll be changing the pistons.
The pin should be 13002-7001 , and the clips should be, 92033-7002 superseded to 92033-0725

Last edited:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pull the heads off first before spending any money.
Put up pics, especially of the gaskets.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks Bert! The dirt, would that be from the elbow you referred to earlier or is it that something that will be hard to pinpoint without a professional eye? Thank you very much again for the help!
Yes
That filter elbow is a real problem to get to seal properly.
I have a sneaky feeling that the engine series was origionally designed as the full commercial FX with the external canister filter which is excellent then down graded to make the FR & FS .
There was a very detailed post of conversion to a canister filter in the "build it yourself" section of this forum .
Otherwise when you replace the filter always run a long Q tip , petrol damp white cloth etc down the elbow and check for dust .
I seal the engine end with silly cone and replace the elbows the instant they start to become stiff or start to crack or show any kind of deterioration .
As you are just about to find out, it is a big job to replace the rings & hone the bore and the parts price don't make it any cheaper .

That is an amazing price for a Kawasaki kit, where did you find it ?
My wholesale price for rings & gaskets is more than that .

CrusinSusan

Threads
Yes
That filter elbow is a real problem to get to seal properly.
I have a sneaky feeling that the engine series was origionally designed as the full commercial FX with the external canister filter which is excellent then down graded to make the FR & FS .
There was a very detailed post of conversion to a canister filter in the "build it yourself" section of this forum .
Otherwise when you replace the filter always run a long Q tip , petrol damp white cloth etc down the elbow and check for dust .
I seal the engine end with silly cone and replace the elbows the instant they start to become stiff or start to crack or show any kind of deterioration .
As you are just about to find out, it is a big job to replace the rings & hone the bore and the parts price don't make it any cheaper .

That is an amazing price for a Kawasaki kit, where did you find it ?
My wholesale price for rings & gaskets is more than that .
Thanks Bert! I’ve never dealt with pistons before but excited to break it open and explore! I’ll also check out that diy. Is it pretty safe to say my issue is 99.9% rings /piston and getting a good bore before I buy this kit tonight? Or should I check anything else before?I’ll look up the site again tonight when I get home I have like 50 tabs open with manuals, tools etc haha. I appreciate all the help, my father passed away last year suddenly.. not used to not being able to pick up the phone and get instant mechanic troubleshooting from him. Wish we would of had more time to learn from him! Anyways thank you all!!!

-Susan

CrusinSusan

Threads
Pull the heads off first before spending any money.
Put up pics, especially of the gaskets.
Hey Fish! Sorry missed this message reading over. I’ll take the heads off first and get a pic :)