FS55 After rebuild C1Q

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My wife gave up years ago. She has even given up saying "what did that cost". Got my eye on a $3k CNC for wood projects. She just said where you gonna put it?
I think. We need a show us your shop thread.
I just love ethanol gas and lazy people.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My wife gave up years ago. She has even given up saying "what did that cost". Got my eye on a $3k CNC for wood projects. She just said where you gonna put it?
I think. We need a show us your shop thread.
I just love ethanol gas and lazy people.

You guys are lucky. I'm having to share a shop (now) with my brother, who's a contractor. I get like one corner, and a little bit of the middle of his shop. The shop is a 20x28. But he's got table saws, tile saws, 5 broken compressors (small ones) a whole wall and corner full of paint, doors, racks of burned out or messed up power tools, spray guns, tile, bags of grout and a crap load of other things.
Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the space I do have. But I need more.
He's already complaining that I'm taking over his shop. But hell, he's never out here, except to either get something or store something else.

I miss my old shop. covered storage building, plus 3 bays. IIRC, it was about 20X30 also. But it was all mine. And I had a place to work on mowers when it was raining.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My mower shop is a 24 x 24 building. I do have a 60 x 72 barn that my wife thinks is hers. I probably need to throw out about 2 tons of stuff i will never touch to make room for more woodworking stuff. At last count i had about 30 things with gas engines on them in there too. Is that too many?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My mower shop is a 24 x 24 building. I do have a 60 x 72 barn that my wife thinks is hers. I probably need to throw out about 2 tons of stuff i will never touch to make room for more woodworking stuff. At last count i had about 30 things with gas engines on them in there too. Is that too many?

Too many? Shut yo mouff!!!!! Like tools, there's no such thing as too much.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have the W & Z levelers. Looking at pressure testers this morning. Also leak down testers.

Eliminating guess work is going to be a HUGE advantage. @bertsmobile1 told me this months ago. Just now getting enough cash flow to make it possible. Just about the time I think i have all the tools I need, one of you pro's comes up with another tool I need. lol

Note to add. I'm looking at a few on Amazon, some are like $140, with case and a lot of adapters and hose. Some are just the tool with the gauge. Are all those adapters necessary?
Mityvac MV8500 Silverline Elite Repair/Diagnostic Kit

Right gun, the plastic one is not up to the job.
Most of the stuff in that kit you will never use as they are car specific .
Mine has about 2' of 3/16" tygon on the gun then a joiner to hook thinner tube to.
After that there are short lenghts of all the small tubes and 3 golf Tees to act as stoppers.
The joiners came from Tiny Tach .
While I was there buying the hand held tacho I got 2 joiners which I should have turned up myself but they were cheap and made no difference to the freight,
Bought 4 of the rubber blanking off plugs which are easier to use than the folded over inner tube I had been using
Bought a 3 prong clutch tool, love it .
Don't need the 2 prong because I use bolts & washers in the slot of an old chain saw bar for 2 pin.
The spark plug adapter is good if you don't have a couple but I made some of them decades ago.
Their compression tester is also really good because the plug is short & small.
Most times when you see a really high cylinder pressure it is because the tool is taking up 1/2 of the squish volume

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I wouldn't know where to start, trying to figure out how much I have in tools already. My tool box is full, compressors, USC, drill presses, grinders drills, who whole drawer full of drill bits, carts, battery chargers. I've had to organize my brothers tool box so I can use one of his drawers. The last wooden work bench I build, I put two 24" drawers in it, That took like 5 minutes to fill up. I got tired of having my needle nose pliers mixed in with my other pliers.
Crap. Now that I think about it, I need to take all those heavy plies out of that wooden drawer, and swap them out with the electrical drawed in my tool box.
Something to do til the rain quits. As if there wasn't already enough to do.

Last year I forgot to fill the LPG tank n the van that is LPG only .
Went back to the shop try and find the tatally illegal spare gas tank to get me to the servor.
IT started raining so gave up till the morning
Went back & some !#&* had busted the window and nicked the tool box & jump start pack
When I initally reported it as stolen I put a value of $ 500 on the tool box
When I actually filled in the detailed report it came out to $ 3800 and they are all cheapish tools ( Craftsman quality ) I keep in the on site box cause you are always loosing them.

AS for shed space, mine is full .
THe only jobs I do inside is trannies & engine internals which get done in a wetted down bathroom & cube carbs .
Everything else is done on the table across the fork lift blades , under the engine crane in the door or the yard crane in the yard.
Good thing is it does not snow here and we only get about 60 days of rain