Freedom Z safety switches

Db6885

Forum Newbie
I have a Freedom Z with what I suspect, safety switch issues. When sitting in the seat, parking brake off, it will crank but not start. If I set the parking brake, it will start. I can get out of the seat and it will continue to run normally. Sitting in the seat, it will die as soon as I release the parking brake. I wedged a small bolt to hold the parking brake switch without setting the parking brake. When I go to move it, it dies. Any suggestions?
 
It also can be one of the control arms switches according to wiring schematic.

Yes normally seat the seat is not part cranking circuit on many but that is not the case here. The cranking circuit actually goes though the PTO switch, both control arms, and the seat switch; not through brake switch. The only thing the brake switch setup appear to do is to kill the magneto when try to move with it on or try to engage the PTO. I wish would publish a better wiring schematic; doesn't open/closed rest position of switches. Note all of the seat, control arms, and brake switches are dual switches.

Scag Freedom Electrical Schematic.JPG
Scag Freedom Keyswitch.JPG
 
Back
Top