Free miltimeater

mhavanti

Threads
I have several of those. Blown up more than one by using on AC. They don't like AC at all. I've used them as door prizes at RC events, RC Group Meetings and other places. Even if you purchase them outright, the leads, which is pretty much all that ever goes wrong with them, is still cheaper to purchase one of these than a pair of replacement leads at Radio Shack.

I recommend the little pocket multi-meters that have an audio beep for continuity so that you don't have to look directly at the meter. Makes life much simpler in so many scenarios.

I will keep taking them as long as I need a purchase from HF and these are their giveaway.

I also have 8 or so of their tape measures, FREE. The little blue LED lights are always on my search list. Their give-a-way screwdrivers won't take any bull, however, have several sets of those. They're for loaning to friends that never return tools. Overall, HF has come a long way since their inception.

PS. We lost our Radio Shack in our small town.

Mikel1

Threads
Yeah I received one of there mailouts a few days ago. I noticed the multimeter was free. I opted for the free magnetic parts holder, bought 2 circuit testers.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know it isn't a Fluke in which I have had mine for years now but for a home owner that might use it just once they work just fine.

mhavanti

Threads
True,

Just bare in mind the amount of AC current they can handle is less than minimal. For continuity and DC they are great and price is right on the money. If they ever begin doing the back light display for free, I'll begin spending even more money on some things that doesn't require daily use.

I can attest to their 4 foot straight, clamp type cutting guide. I gave fourteen for it and building things it really helps make fitment so much quicker and with less drag than many more expensive straight edge sets in name brands.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
True,

Just bare in mind the amount of AC current they can handle is less than minimal. For continuity and DC they are great and price is right on the money. If they ever begin doing the back light display for free, I'll begin spending even more money on some things that doesn't require daily use.

I can attest to their 4 foot straight, clamp type cutting guide. I gave fourteen for it and building things it really helps make fitment so much quicker and with less drag than many more expensive straight edge sets in name brands.

Even for home use the most they would test is 220 AC. It dose take some common sense to work with any electric. If your are standing in a foot of water do not work with any AC voltage with anything. One of my many mechanic jobs was working on electric fork trucks and you can get zapped with DC voltage also. The HF meter will make a nice tester for someone who knows nothing but wants to fix there own lawn mower and the price is right.

mhavanti

Threads
Agreed

Pretty good lil units that I've abused plenty and help up to everything except 110 AC. Blown up two of them. Just replaced the leads, soldered the boards back up and back into service. Tough little rascals.