Free Dixie Chopper !

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Silver Eagle is not a homeowner based mower. I work for a Dixie Chopper dealer and we have hundreds of them in the marketplace. They use 15W 40 Lucas oil in the engine and the hydros as well. If changing the hydro oil you will need 2 68140 hydro filters and about 1 1/2 gallons of the 15w 40 lucas for the hydros and 2.4 Quarts for the engine as well as a 070185D Generac oil filter for the engine. You will have to drain the hydro tank by taking the filters off. That can be messy. You can take a gallon oil bottle and cut one side out and screw one filter part way off and drain the oil until bottle almost full. Tighten the filter back up and empty the bottle. Then do it again until the tank is empty. Fill the tank to 1/2 inch under the baffle in the tank. You will them need to purge the system of air. To do this you need to open the release valve on the pumps. They made two different pump on the SE. One was a hydro gear and to open the valve look for a bolt head with a hole through the side. It takes a 5/8 wrench. The other is a white. If it is a White it will have a jam nut on the valve that takes a 17 mm wrench to loosen. In the middle of the nut is a 8mm bolt head. You will need an 8 mm wrench to open the valve. Open the valve 1 and 1/2 turns. Raise the mower and get the rear wheels off the ground start the engine and swipe the levers 8 to 10 times. Lock the relief valves and you should be good to go.

Last edited:

mechanizm

Threads
will do... got to get gas and a fuel pump before I continue.

mechanizm

Threads
Silver Eagle is not a homeowner based mower. I work for a Dixie Chopper dealer and we have hundreds of them in the marketplace.
excellent info... THANKS

mechanizm

Threads
White it will have a jam nut on the valve that takes a 17 mm wrench to loosen. In the middle of the nut is a 8mm bolt head. You will need an 8 mm wrench to open the valve. Open the valve 1 and 1/2 turns. Raise the mower and get the rear wheels off the ground start the engine and swipe the levers 8 to 10 times. Lock the relief valves and you should be good to go.
do you have to loosen the jam nut to get the 8mm bolt to unscrew? I did and now the left side isn't moving. also do I tighten the jam nut before shutting off the mower? what do you mean "swipe the levers". you mean forward and reverse? I'm worried that i f'd the left side up.

Chevychopper

Threads
That's the bypass valves on the pump that he's referring to...if you have loosened them the wheels won't turn once loosened.. run your sticks/handles back and forward to clear/purge any air in the pumps Retighten them once done. Crank mower and give it a test run.

mechanizm

Threads
That's the bypass valves on the pump that he's referring to...if you have loosened them the wheels won't turn once loosened.. run your sticks/handles back and forward to clear/purge any air in the pumps Retighten them once done. Crank mower and give it a test run.

OK, so i have to open the bypass valves then start the mower then run it forward and reverse (wheels not turning) THEN retighten the 17mm and 8mm bolts, right? I got confused by watching some youtube videos.

Last edited:

mechanizm

Threads
ok, the bypass valve wasn't opened enough so I turned it about 3 turns out and got the thing moving again but now it's running really poorly. I suspect the carb. I went through the carb twice... one plug is very sooty the other looks ok. I'll change the sooty plug and see how it goes. but at least I have the hydrostatic drive working...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
ok, the bypass valve wasn't opened enough so I turned it about 3 turns out and got the thing moving again but now it's running really poorly. I suspect the carb. I went through the carb twice... one plug is very sooty the other looks ok. I'll change the sooty plug and see how it goes. but at least I have the hydrostatic drive working...
It is best to raise the mower wheels off the ground when you purge so there is no load on the wheel motor.
They can get air trapped in them so when you move the stick the cylinders only 1/2 fill and compress the air in the end rather than replacing it with oil

mechanizm

Threads
It is best to raise the mower wheels off the ground when you purge so there is no load on the wheel motor.
They can get air trapped in them so when you move the stick the cylinders only 1/2 fill and compress the air in the end rather than replacing it with oil
that's what I did... the wheels never stopped moving completely but I could hold them back with my hand so not much force was being exerted. I used 20/50 instead of 20/40 maybe that's why... the drive wheels seem to be working fine now but the engine isn't. going to change plugs and try again. this is a fun machine. because it's so fast I might use it like my neighbors use their golf carts. The cops can't ticket me! lol...