FR 651 V WON'T STAY RUNNING

1BUCKEYE

Threads
On a 2014 zt badboy

After 100's of $$$$$$$$$ in "repairs" at an authorized Kawasaki dealer, it still acts like it has run out of gas, within a few minutes!! He removed the fuel solenoid ~ blew the gas lines out ~ put new coils on it ~ checked all the wiring for breaks ~ changed spark plugs, oil, gas & air filters.

We did "fight" to get the cost of the coils back & "won", when we gave him the old ones back! lol he said: "I don't know what else i can do to get it to stay running ~ i'm done working on it!"

Has anyone here got any suggestions? Mowin' season is right around the corner. We have always maintained it, right on schedule.

Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You start with the basics to determine if yo have a fuel supply problem or an ignition problem

So get yourself a pair of red in line spark testers and fit one to each spark plug ties up so you can see them easily from the drivers seat
Get an alternative fuel tank , pinch one off an old push mower anything.
Tie it to the back of the seat or if you have ROPS, hang it from the top rail ( so you will need some 1/4 fuel line & a tap ).
Hook the fuel line directly to the carb.
Then go mow
If you run the tank dry with no problems then suspect fuel system
If the red spark testers stop flashing then suspect a safety switch
With these sorts of problems it is a case of elimination

Do this get back with the results & we will take it from there
Otherwise every one has that "pet" problem that happened with Uncle Freds mower and they will be dead sure it must also be your problem.
The spark testers were around $ 18 last time some one costed them
$ 10 for some fuel line & $ 6 for the tap.
FWIW I use an old Tecumseh 12 Hp tank as it came with a tap & the engine was very much deceased .
Do not do the tank cap up very tight.
Another friend uses an old motorcycle tank of his little kids Pee Wee
A half gallon should run that motor for about 1 hour and a quart is more than enough if it starts to falter after a few minutes .

1BUCKEYE

Threads
You start with the basics to determine if yo have a fuel supply problem or an ignition problem

So get yourself a pair of red in line spark testers and fit one to each spark plug ties up so you can see them easily from the drivers seat
Get an alternative fuel tank , pinch one off an old push mower anything.
Tie it to the back of the seat or if you have ROPS, hang it from the top rail ( so you will need some 1/4 fuel line & a tap ).
Hook the fuel line directly to the carb.
Then go mow
If you run the tank dry with no problems then suspect fuel system
If the red spark testers stop flashing then suspect a safety switch
With these sorts of problems it is a case of elimination

Do this get back with the results & we will take it from there
Otherwise every one has that "pet" problem that happened with Uncle Freds mower and they will be dead sure it must also be your problem.
The spark testers were around $ 18 last time some one costed them
$ 10 for some fuel line & $ 6 for the tap.
FWIW I use an old Tecumseh 12 Hp tank as it came with a tap & the engine was very much deceased .
Do not do the tank cap up very tight.
Another friend uses an old motorcycle tank of his little kids Pee Wee
A half gallon should run that motor for about 1 hour and a quart is more than enough if it starts to falter after a few minutes .
Thank you!!! WE WILL CERTAINLY GIVE THAT A WHIRL ~ ASAP! Yes, we will let you know how it goes. We have a 25 yr old Simplicity Legacy that still thinks it's brand new. We needed to use it to finish off last seasons' mowing.

1BUCKEYE

Threads
NO, WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN YOU. IT'S JUST THAT WINTER CAME BACK & NOW IT'S BEEN COLD RAIN & MUD. LOL

lil SIG

Threads
So came for help then flew the coup?

What happened with this?

1BUCKEYE

Threads
So came for help then flew the coup?

What happened with this?

we have 5 acres to mow & with all the rain we've had ~the grass got too tall for the bb. we got out the 25 yr. old simplicity legacy to try to get caught up, between the continual rains coming thru. (we don'tlike messy lookin' lawns, with clumps of grass all over, soooo.. we've neeed to mow in sections, a few times, & we're still not caught up & it's rainin', again)

we did get the battery back in the bb ~ it started right up ~ drove up & down the driveway for a few minutes & it ran fine ~ we put it back in the shed, 'cause the ground is much too soft & the grass was wet)

excuse the all caps ~ i've only got one hand to type with & it's much less hand motion.

i shall return

edited by moderator. lowercase makes it a little easier to read for some folks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lawn Addict
Threads
All Rightee then..

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think typing with one hand might IMPROVE my typing skills. Well let's not go too far LOL.