Four-Motrin day?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pools are too much FUN... and while you are using it & you have some kids around that will NEVER forget their times at it... It's got to be worth what ever you do to keep it...
Your electricity use is not that bad...
"1.5 HP, 14 amp, 220V pump motor ...on a timer... shut the pump down for 8 hours per day..."
assuming your power is around 12 cents per KW... That would be $175 a mth and about $265 a mth without the timer limit...
So al in all for the number of bodies getting some great use from it ... I'd say :thumbsup: well worth the $$... :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh yea one more question: Is there any thing twall doesn't complain about?
Easy mad dog! just kiddin, don't send me another nastygram....OK?

Sometimes I complain, sometimes it's my sarcastic wit. Up to the reader to decide which it is (but smileys are a big clue). :wink: Not everyone can appreciate sarcasm. :confused3: Oh well.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
This ain't the NY TIMES...it's a forum....LOL We don't have editors for that length of a post.......You and LandN........we turning into a magazine site?

Hahahah :laughing: Twall your sarcasm is appreciated. This is a great thread with some insightful information. Who knew there was so much to pool maintenance. :confused2:

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

mystreba

Threads
It's been gorgeous here the past 5 days (except for a quick stormburst). Total pool maintenance time over those five days: 1 hour, including cleaning the pool after the storm!

I normally don't swim until the water temp gets above 75 degrees. I don't know what the temp is right now, but I dove in after splitting all that firewood. It was like getting stuck all over with large pins! But it sure cooled me off right quick :thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I normally don't swim until the water temp gets above 75 degrees. I don't know what the temp is right now, but I dove in after splitting all that firewood. It was like getting stuck all over with large pins! But it sure cooled me off right quick :thumbsup:

I'll bet..
Nothing like a brisk thermal shock:biggrin:.... that is good to do now and then, really brings everything awake & alive... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello all, remember me? Mr. Sarcastic Front Porch Old Fart. Still trying to catch up on the yard after enduring all that rainfall last month. By the time I get one end of the yard trimmed, push mower, and tractor mowed, the other end needs it again. One of the obvious headaches of having a huge yard....:eek:

mystreba

Threads
Hello all, remember me? Mr. Sarcastic Front Porch Old Fart. Still trying to catch up on the yard after enduring all that rainfall last month. By the time I get one end of the yard trimmed, push mower, and tractor mowed, the other end needs it again. One of the obvious headaches of having a huge yard....:eek:

I hear ya. I have the same issue, and I have a small yard - tough to get caught up.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hear ya. I have the same issue, and I have a small yard - tough to get caught up.

Finally caught up after mowing until 9:30 pm last night, and there was 3/4 inch of rainfall overnite and more is predicted every day thru the weekend....:frown:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Finally caught up after mowing until 9:30 pm last night, and there was 3/4 inch of rainfall overnite and more is predicted every day thru the weekend....:frown:

The monsoon finally broke here, and we've had 3 sunny days in a row. :thumbsup:

If you sit really still, you can WATCH the grass grow....:laughing: