I picked up feeler gages and I will check the valves and I will get to see if it starts after one try when I put the flywheel just after the hard spot. When I put it away I turned off the gas and ran it dry. I may be leaking gas because when I left the fuel line opened, I lost gas. And I could smell gas in my shed where I keep my mower.Just throwing a little more info in this thread. I did buy the engine used and it was sitting in a tractor outside when I bought it. I used it all last season. Every time I ran it i shut off the fuel line before I put it away and let it run out of gas. This time I did not, the gas was left on, and it was very hard to start. After it’s started it runs great.