First kick at the can

dusty-t

Threads
Thanks Abn. Yes I made the cab last fall. Took me about a month I think. I am really slow. But I sure do appreciate the cab.:biggrin: Dusty

173abn

Threads
I just looked at a blow up of your cab,really nice work.do you leave it on yr. round?how much you reckon the cab weighs and what materials is it made of?did you go buy some plans or is it your own creation? I've got a little 1610d Yanmar I wouldn't mind building a cab but more for winter and taking it off in the summer.hope I didn't OD you on the questions. russ

dusty-t

Threads
Hey Russ. I just keep it on for the winter. The top comes off with 6 bolts , then there are I think 4 bolts for the three seperate bottom parts. It is made out of 1x1 steel tubing , 1 1/2 angle and 1/8 sheet metal. I am afraid I don't design anything. I just start building and when its done its done. It probably weighs around 250 lbs. The front and rear windows are glass. They came from a wooden cab I bought a few years ago. The rest of the windows are lexan. I will try to find a few pics.:biggrin Dusty

dusty-t

Threads
Found some pics.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

• Picture 389.jpg
    Picture 389.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 397.jpg
    Picture 397.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 093.jpg
    Picture 093.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 436.jpg
    Picture 436.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 10

nuffer460

Forum Newbie
Threads
dusty-t,
Great cab!! I like your frame work. You have my next two projects. Cab and rear mount snowblower. For my cab, I want to keep the main frame work and roof mounted. Making the front and rear glass, both almost full width side door panels removable for summer.

dusty-t

Threads
Hey Nuffer. With your rops , canopy combo, I would think it would be a good project to remove the canopy and use the mounting holes as support for a fabricated canopy with mount for front rear and sides. Perhaps solid mounting points for the front just ahead of the footrests. The mounts could stay on all year. The front mounts and canopy mounts may be enough to build the whole cab around.:biggrin: Dusty. P.S You gotta show pics if you do it.