Find model identification for riding mower

Espene

Forum Newbie
Threads
The identification tab is lost on our mower and I wonder if somebody could point me in the right direction to identify it.
It has 5 gears, 11.5 hp B&S motor, 38" deck. Possibly from 2006

IMG_2129 Large.jpeg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Let’s start with the simple things, provide us with all numbers off the engine. We will need a model, type and code numbers. With them we can determine units year of manufacture, unless the engine was changes. Second, what parts are you in need of, most parts on these units are interchangeable.

Espene

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have to come back about engine number, but it's a B&S 11.5 hp. I am looking for a new front axle and possibly replacing with a cast iron one. Running it in a bumpy terrain and the left side is bent.
Adding a couple of photos of the engine, but have not written down the number.

Attachments

• IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    776 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    736.4 KB · Views: 7

Espene

Forum Newbie
Threads
The twisted front axel. It would be really good to figure out the model number. I have searched "everywhere" but don't see this engine in any tractor from Poulan except for used tractors.

Attachments

• IMG_3478b.jpeg
    IMG_3478b.jpeg
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 11

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So is it is a cross member made from 2 pressings welded together with a single drag link from the steering gear & link rod between the wheels ?
Have a look at part number 532 41 81-68 which has superceeded to 531171101
part on E-replacement parts web page
Note it was used on over 150 craftsman branded mowers
No idea if it can be plug & play interchanged with the latter cast iron ones , but anything can be made to fit
If you go the Poulan web site and search for 532 41 81-68 in the manuals section it brings up 83 IPLs and 18 owners manuals that have that part in them
Your mower will be one of those , but if you think I am going to download all of them to find one that looks like your photos, that is not going to happen for a reply on a free forum.
Poulan search
And a little help.
The numbers in the model designation are the engine Hp followed by the deck size .
So your model will have the number 11538 if that is the original engine 11,5 =115 & 38" deck =38

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The twisted front axel. It would be really good to figure out the model number. I have searched "everywhere" but don't see this engine in any tractor from Poulan except for used tractors.
Are you really expecting to find a new 2006 mower? And in order to twist that axle someone really has to be abusive to the equipment.

Espene

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you really expecting to find a new 2006 mower? And in order to twist that axle someone really has to be abusive to the equipment.
Hi, what I am looking for is the identification so I can buy the correct part. To me it seems like this one is very close to be a Craftsman lt 2000 (based), but still there are others that are very close and for the front axel also there exist 3-4 different choices it seems. When the season is over I will dismantle it to see if there is a parts number stamped on it - that would of course help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your mower was made by AYP ( now owned by Husqvarna )
the same factory made Husqvarna, Poulan, Red Max, Electrolux, Flymow, McCulloch , Craftsman, Rally , Roper etc etc etc
They were all basically small variations on a common theme
AFAIK there was
2 fabricated cross members made from rectangular tubing
1 fabricated cross member made from pressed tubing
1 fabricated cross member made from 2 pressings ( like yours )
1 cast iron cross member
However I am not an expert, these are just the ones I have come across
Usually Jacks Small Engines will list everything that a particular part was used on but in this case it did not so no joy with finding your mowers model number
Unless you owned the mower from new then there is no reason to believe the engine in it now is the original engine
However the numbers from the blower housing above the spark plug or the rocker cover would help which is what you were originally asked for

Espene

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your mower was made by AYP ( now owned by Husqvarna )
the same factory made Husqvarna, Poulan, Red Max, Electrolux, Flymow, McCulloch , Craftsman, Rally , Roper etc etc etc
They were all basically small variations on a common theme
AFAIK there was
2 fabricated cross members made from rectangular tubing
1 fabricated cross member made from pressed tubing
1 fabricated cross member made from 2 pressings ( like yours )
1 cast iron cross member
However I am not an expert, these are just the ones I have come across
Usually Jacks Small Engines will list everything that a particular part was used on but in this case it did not so no joy with finding your mowers model number
Unless you owned the mower from new then there is no reason to believe the engine in it now is the original engine
However the numbers from the blower housing above the spark plug or the rocker cover would help which is what you were originally asked for
Thanks for the effort!
I think the type says:
217707 0391 B1 050120ZA

Attachments

• IMG_3479.jpeg
    IMG_3479.jpeg
    561.4 KB · Views: 1

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
excellent
I am independent so can not do a cross check against that number but some here can,
so a 2005 engine ties in with it being a 2006 mower.