Tinkerer200

Threads
  • / Figuring out year of manufacture is driving me nuts
Welcome from east central Illinois,
Walt Conner

smhardesty

Threads
I guess I'm pretty close to east central Illinois, but officially I'm still in southeastern Illinois. I'm in Olney. Originally from Palestine, then a few other places during military tours and then a few places before we bought this house in Olney 6 years ago. This is where I'll die. I'm done moving. LOL!

Thanks for the welcome!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess I'm pretty close to east central Illinois, but officially I'm still in southeastern Illinois. I'm in Olney. Originally from Palestine, then a few other places during military tours and then a few places before we bought this house in Olney 6 years ago. This is where I'll die. I'm done moving. LOL!

Thanks for the welcome!
So what is the fine for running over a white squirrel. It use to be a hefty amount back when I lived at Bridgeport.

smhardesty

Threads
HAH! Yeah, the ordinance states that a person may be fined $750 for "accidentally" running over a squirrel. Seems a tad bit high for a true accident.

Zue

Threads
1670852967424.png
From Jacks Small Engine site. I think your model number is slightly wrong.

bootface

Threads
OK, I just now registered because I think I'm losing my mind. I'm trying to determine the year of manufacture for a lawn mower I just picked up. It is a Remington, 20", side discharge mower with a Briggs engine model number 08P502-0167-F1 and a serial number of 2110238970214. I have searched the 'Net high and low and every site I find that says it will tell me the year doesn't do that. I've followed all the deciphering on all the different sites I found and every one of them has a number where I have a letter or vice versa.

Can anyone tell me for certain what year this thing is? If it helps, the MTD model number is 11A-02B7752 and a serial number of 1L08MK11755. And if anyone has a link to a website that truly does correctly decipher Briggs model numbers to determine year, I'd love to have that link.
Why do you need to know this? If you have the model number that's all you need for getting parts. What does the year have to do with anything? Another thing. You are looking at two organizations here. MTD (under the Remington brand) put's the machine together - that's their year. The engine from Briggs could have been built 5 years earlier for all you know. So, once again, what does the year have to do with anything?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Many times the date of manufacture is need because changes or updates have been made to individual parts. Parts may have been updated, superseded due to supplier change, or design change.

Gord Baker

Threads
Have you tried contacting MTD? Do you have a warranty claim? Don't worry about it.

smhardesty

Threads
Wrong model by you and the OP correctly model number is 11A-02BT752 2022

OK. Yes, I put an extra 7 in the model number. I have some nerve damage that affects my right arm/hand. I have twitches that happen occasionally when I'm trying to do certain things. I guess I had a twitch and doubled the number 7 in the model. The correct number is 11A-02B752. I just double checked it to be sure. Then, the engine is stamped with the date of manufacture. It is 10/23/2022. The mower could be a 2022 model since the engine wasn't produced until October of 2021.